• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

South Aussie Speed Cubers

is there many speed cubers that live in south australia?? preferably adelaide?? im pretty new myself to speedcubing but am interested to know how many others there are nearby to see if meets can be held or are already doing so. i understand that most sub 20 solvers are in melbourne and that most comps will probably be held there which is ok. but just generally how many are there in SA??

[email protected]
im usually online if you wana chat or organise a meet

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do happen to live in SA, but due to my inability to do fast and accurate complex pattern recgosition (proved by a 2/10 score in a Raven's spatial regonisition test in the early 1990's), my times are always limited. Best (lucky) 3x3 time so far is 0:45 with an average of about 1:30.

But I do own some very funky cubes to make up for it.

Like 2 V-Cubes (5 and 7), a QJ 4x4 with tiles, 2 5x5 Eastsheens, 2 4x4 Eastsheens, 1 2x2 Eastsheen, 5 good to great quality 3x3 cubes, 3 1x1x1 cubes, and much more....

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Melbourne is 738km (458mi for USA people) from Adelaide by road (by the Dukes/Western highway) and by that equates to about 8 non stop hours by bus or car.

By the longer coastal Princes highway this distance is about 958km (595mi) or about 10 non stop hours by bus or car.

The Dukes highway (192km, 119mi) from Tailem Bend to the VIC/SA border where it comes the Western highway has a notorious reputation to it. It is rated much worse than the Pacific highway that goes from Sydney to Brisbane and is now the second busiest highway section in Australia now.

I was actually born in Melbourne but moved to SA in January 1974, just before my 4th birthday. I have lived in Adelaide since July 1982.

Hey I live in Adelaide and I love speedcubing.

For 3x3x3 my best time is 36.05 and i average around 45 seconds.

Bye

hey!! nice times. now i have some competition in SA. woo! whereabouts in Adelaide are you? could possibly catch up one weekend :D
YAY!! an SA speedcuber!! (i dont include myself to be one yet lol)