• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Some different solving - R and U turns only!

DAE_JA_VOO

I always had a cross oriented on top, and so I just used at most 2 sunes (including reverse, double, and the bruno) to finish the oll, and I always had an edge permutation, which can always be solved with r and u turns
Whoa, are you serious? I had 5 G-perms and all OLLs with zero edges oriented. Luuuuuuckyyyy!

not lucky, its my method i use to solve the two f2l slots

haha, what method is that... R and U moves only?

yes, of course

Please do that. I'd love to see it :)

I'll make a video of me doing an average and I'll put it on youtube

Let's get some more scrambles. Thanks qqwref for the scrambler!

1. U2 R U' R2 U2 R U2 R' U' R' U R' U' R U2 R2 U' R U2 R2 U R' U' R2 U'
2. R U2 R2 U2 R2 U' R' U' R' U' R2 U R2 U2 R U' R2 U' R U' R2 U' R U2 R'
3. R' U' R U' R U R2 U2 R2 U' R U R' U2 R U R' U R2 U R U R2 U' R
4. R2 U' R2 U' R U R' U' R' U2 R2 U' R2 U' R U R2 U' R U2 R2 U R U2 R
5. U R U2 R' U R U2 R U' R2 U' R' U' R U2 R' U2 R2 U' R U2 R' U R' U

soccerking813

@SparkZero

When you scramble using Only <R,U> turns, then all of the edges stay oriented, no matter what. And once you orient the corners, they are all in the correct permutation, no matter what.

Lord Voldemort

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
WCA
2009PRAS02
I always had a cross oriented on top, and so I just used at most 2 sunes (including reverse, double, and the bruno) to finish the oll, and I always had an edge permutation, which can always be solved with r and u turns
Whoa, are you serious? I had 5 G-perms and all OLLs with zero edges oriented. Luuuuuuckyyyy!

not lucky, its my method i use to solve the two f2l slots

Save yourself the humiliation...
With 2 Gen scrambles, you will ALWAYS have edges oriented and corners permuted. He was making fun of you btw, if you didn't catch that.

what does 2-gen mean? and howcome all you guys get faster times solving with only R and U?

The subset of the cube with only 2 adjacent layers scrambled.
The reason it's faster? You start with a 2x2x3 block, and the the solve only requires two faces, so very fingertricked.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
Save yourself the humiliation...
With 2 Gen scrambles, you will ALWAYS have edges oriented and corners permuted. He was making fun of you btw, if you didn't catch that.

wtvr there are some noobs out there who I've encountered (not that any of you are) that seriously would make a statement like that...

anyway, the video is processing right now, and is almost done
Epicwinx9001

I'd like to see this video

Last edited:

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
yes I realized this a while ago
Can you point out where? I missed it. I'm looking at this, and you still seemed to have missed it here:
wtvr there are some noobs out there who I've encountered (not that any of you are) that seriously would make a statement like that...
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I tried really hard to give you hints.

@SparkZero - I think he was being serious.
yeah right I make a small mistake and you all decide to join in on it. I thought cubing was a friendly community, but I guess not.

No, Daejavoo was being serious.

Wow.... deleted all your posts in the thread? Way to run away from your mistakes.

Last edited:

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Avg of 12:
Average: 6.29
Standard Deviation: 0.55
Best Time: 4.65
Worst Time: 7.13

So not as good as i said, but oh well, these have been my first 12 solves for about 8 hours, which is a really long time for me not to solve ;)

SparkZer00

Wow.... deleted all your posts in the thread? Way to run away from your mistakes.

Nope, I just figured that it got too off topic, and I made that video because I thought that there seriously was some way that someone could have had a slower method to this, but I was wrong. The extraneous posts made the thread longer and I was quite offensive to everyone who was pointing out my mistakes, thus, the post deletion

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02

Nope, I just figured that it got too off topic, and I made that video because I thought that there seriously was some way that someone could have had a slower method to this, but I was wrong. The extraneous posts made the thread longer and I was quite offensive to everyone who was pointing out my mistakes, thus, the post deletion
No, you weren't being offensive to anyone. And I don't think it was off topic as long as we we're talking about 2-gen RU scrambling/solving.

SparkZer00

No, you weren't being offensive to anyone. And I don't think it was off topic as long as we we're talking about 2-gen RU scrambling/solving.

I was offending all of you who were pointing out my mistake, you've been making repetitive posts about that mistake, and not one comment was made about the actual content of my video.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
I'm pretty sure no one was offended, except maybe Lord Voldemort (or you?). Oh well, I'm done with this now. If you thought it was getting off topic before, then it definitely is now. Time for some RU solves, these are fun, and I don't ever practice them.

On mini DS cube:

(7.69), 9.45, 7.97, (9.88), 8.09

Lord Voldemort

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
WCA
2009PRAS02
I'm pretty sure no one was offended, except maybe Lord Voldemort (or you?). Oh well, I'm done with this now. If you thought it was getting off topic before, then it definitely is now. Time for some RU solves, these are fun, and I don't ever practice them.

On mini DS cube:

(7.69), 9.45, 7.97, (9.88), 8.09

Huh? What did I say? This whole exchange was rather amusing :rolleyes:
anyway, on topic, from the scrambles on the first post:
7.05, 8.21, 12.5, I dropped the cube lol.