• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

solving the cube randomly? Anyone?

blucrosoft

I was just playing with the cube, i've solved it like 3-4 times then started to scramble it randomly. I've done like 20 moves, then i looked at the cube. Cool, the R layer was solved, the middle was too, actually the cube was solved. Just had to do M.

It's just impossible.. Guess that is the luckiest solve ever. In fact I was just scrambling the cube, not solving it.

No chance at all for this to happen lol.

Gold_A

YouTube
Visit Channel
chances are, you were repeating the same sequence of moves over and over again which, (as far as I understand) will always eventually return to the state that it was originally in, in this case, the solved state.

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, this just shows that you weren't "scrambling" very well. I find that I often repeat a sequence of moves when I handscramble without thinking about it.

Chrish

WCA
2010HARG01
I always do Us, Rs, Ls and Es when I handscramble. Often the very same pattern, so when I care enough I'll rotate the cube.

bluedasher

Yeah, I bet you sub-consciously repeated the same moves such as R,U,R',U', and the cube was solved. Try having a computer scramble it and see if that happens. It won't!

WCA
2010MINE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to use hand scrambles. I started using computer scrambles, and now I consistently get sub-10 on scrambles. I just hate scrambling square-1s...

EDIT: When I say sub-10, I mean it takes me less than 10 seconds to scramble the cube. I still average 22.

Last edited:

Karth

WCA
2011THOR01
A couple of days ago I was scrambling the cube by hand, everything was going okay until I noticed I was solving the exact same case as the one before. Same F2L and LL algs. After this I'll pop up my mobile scrambler whenever I'm solving without timing myself.
Also scrambling the 2x2 by hand I've noticed I go sometimes back to solve state.

avgdi

WCA
2011VAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A couple of days ago I was scrambling the cube by hand, everything was going okay until I noticed I was solving the exact same case as the one before. Same F2L and LL algs.

That happened to me once, it was really weird.
Now I throw in more cube rotations and try to not let muscle memory kick in when I hand scramble.

Rinfiyks

YouTube
Visit Channel
I always cube rotate and twist every side (FRUBLD) and do at least 40 moves, I've never had a problem with hand scrambles. Except on the megaminx, where I sometimes get 2 or 3 F2L pairs formed.