• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shepparton Winter Open 2013 (Aussie)

etshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
Seen on cubecomps:

Feliks Zemdegs
Australia
25.34 DNF DNF DNF DNF DNF WR 25.34

wtf ? Did Feliks actually get a new 4^3 WR and then DNF the next four solves ?

Edit: his average looks more normal now. Congrats for the WR anyway.

Feliks is back , YAY !! :D

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great competition, thanks everyone for letting it go so smoothly. :)

If anyone has an extra stackmat timer (unmarked, I know - how clever of me) in their bag, it'll be swish if you could let me know, thanks. :tu

So it was you causing all the stress for us after the competition eh?

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Ok guys! I want feedback on the venue! Did you like it? Good lighting? Good space?

Did you think it was a good one off or would you like one yearly/twice yearly?

Twice yearly would be great :)

It's definitely suitable for 25-30 competitors. I don't think the venue can support much more unless people that aren't judging, scrambling, running or solving go into another room...

The temperature and lighting were great. The six-table layout seemed to work. Although we could probably reduce it down to 4-5 tables to have a bit more room for spectators.

Tim.

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

These were the only PBs I broke in the competition. :(

(9.61), (13.69), 9.88, 11.46, 12.15 = 11.16

This was a ridiculously good average and single. I also got a nice 11.92 average in the finals, which placed me third. :) And the reason it looks different is because I edited it with windows movie maker, because that's all there is on the computer I'm using atm - I'm not back in Melbourne yet.

Cube: Guhong v1
Method: CFOP

Not really fast enough to make a new thread for. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
These were the only PBs I broke in the competition. :(
(9.61), (13.69), 9.88, 11.46, 12.15 = 11.16This was a ridiculously good average and single. I also got a nice 11.92 average in the finals, which placed me third. :) And the reason it looks different is because I edited it with windows movie maker, because that's all there is on the computer I'm using atm - I'm not back in Melbourne yet.Cube: Guhong v1Method: CFOP
Not really fast enough to make a new thread for. :p
I didn't break any PBs, nor at the last comp so be happy bro :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok guys! I want feedback on the venue! Did you like it? Good lighting? Good space?
I liked the venue, very good lighting, close proximity to shops, plenty of parking spaces nearby. As Tim mentioned, it's probably not quite ideal for large competitions, but the fact that it's all the way in Shepparton will keep down the competitor numbers a bit and naturally prevent overly large comps.

@Cameron, nice average and singles :tu, I missed you getting those sub-10s. :(

Last edited:

Samster779

WCA
2013SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dang, I live in melbourne and found out about it the day after it ended. Sounded like fun. Are there going to be any other competitions around this Victorian area this year? I have checked the WCA website and not found anything. Dose anyone know of any competitions?

Thanks.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just keep an eye on these forums or else speedcubing.com.au. As soon as we have something organised, it will be posted in both places.