• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Shengshou 9x9

Shengshou 9x9

• Total voters

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got this cube for my birthday and saw no review so i guess I will make one.

Post your review below if you like to. Please make sure to tell us where and when you got it. also you may vote in the poll

this is my review one week after i got it, I have not changed the tensions or lubed it to my liking so this will be how the cube preforms
when you get it and broken in with some solves.

My dad got this of amazon for 55$ on Dec. 29th and came Jan. 2nd

Turning:
Outer Layer Turning: Buttery smooth with a hint of bumpiness.
2nd Layer Turning: Very similar to outer layer.
3rd Layer Turning: A little more bumpy than the outer 2, still smooth.
Innermost Layer Turning: Bumpy smooth and much slower than the other layers, still very nice.

Corner Cutting: The cube can corner cut 3/4 or more a cubie everywhere. 5 of 5

Speed: I would say it has a medium speed, very controllable, and good for such a big cube 5 of 5

Pops: This thing can pop, but only wen forcing a cut between the 2nd and 3rd layers. 4 of 5

Catching and Lockups: I haven't had any catching on this cube. However, I have had lockups
on this cubes similar to the ones on the Shenshou 8x8, where a outer center piece gets dragged
under the edges. this happens less frequently than the 8x8 though. 4 of 5

Other factors: the cube is quite big and may be a little hard to handle if you are a younger/smaller cuber.
The stickers are dull and dark and I recommend replacing them.

Final Score: 18 of 20 Grade: A- Recommendation: maybe

This is an amazing cube and very fun to solve, If you like big cubes then I would highly recommend this cube,
However, if you are not a fan of big cubes then you probably should not buy this cube.

rasiel

An A- and only a 'maybe' recommendation? Damn, you're tough :)

I'll sit this one out and wait til they come out with a mini version.

Ras

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
it came very close to being an A :) I might change it to an A if it improves over time. And if you like big cubes then get it, you will not regret it.
i don't really see shengshou coming out whith a mini version unfortunately. you'll get used to the size after a while.