• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shared travelling and other ways to make competitions more accessible

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Phew, nearly missed this. Was not looking forward to the train (last time i took 4 trains .. instead of 2 :p)
I'll text you when im getting on the plane too.

coolmission

WCA
2009SPAN01
To all those who don't know where to stay on Saturday evening, I might have some more space at my place. I can not promise anything though; ask me at the venue and I will be able to tell you for sure.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To all those who don't know where to stay on Saturday evening, I might have some more space at my place. I can not promise anything though; ask me at the venue and I will be able to tell you for sure.
Won't that be a little late then? :confused:
Actually that would be quite early. Lars, Joey, Ville and I had a place in the youth hostel, but we forgot that we had to be back there by 01:00. So around 02:00 we asked around end we all ended up sleeping at Caroline/Jack. Never underestimate the hospitality of your fellow cubers!

For Benelux I am expecting lots of cubers to stay at my place before and maybe after the competition. We also plan on going from my place to St. Michielsgestel on Friday-night by car but we need more cars.

If you are one of those that will be staying at my place on thursday (or sooner) or want a ride on Friday please "sign up" here so I know how many are coming and how many cars will be needed/available

And for the Trondheim competition I want to know if travelling from Oslo to Trondheim by (rental) car would be an option

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Won't that be a little late then? :confused:
Actually that would be quite early. Lars, Joey, Ville and I had a place in the youth hostel, but we forgot that we had to be back there by 01:00. So around 02:00 we asked around end we all ended up sleeping at Caroline/Jack. Never underestimate the hospitality of your fellow cubers!

For Benelux I am expecting lots of cubers to stay at my place before and maybe after the competition. We also plan on going from my place to St. Michielsgestel on Friday-night by car but we need more cars.

If you are one of those that will be staying at my place on thursday (or sooner) or want a ride on Friday please "sign up" here so I know how many are coming and how many cars will be needed/available

And for the Trondheim competition I want to know if travelling from Oslo to Trondheim by (rental) car would be an option

Hello, I would like to confirm that Joey, Charlie and Chris (greek Chris) will be arriving at your place Thursday night. We will actually probably ask you to pick us up after work at Schiphol... but more about that later. On Friday we'll hang out in Amsterdam and meet Chris (english Chris) then go back to the house either with you after work and then to St. Michielsgestel (dingles) or we'll just make our own way via train earlier. I guess we'd arrive quite late if we drove with you Friday night? It might also remedy the not enough cars issue. I'll check prices. Banana.

Stini

WCA
2007TIIN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I'm going to both Trondheim and Benelux, I have already booked my flights from Oslo to Trondheim (cost me 49 euros one-way by www.norwegian.no). The cheapest trains (www.nsb.no) cost about 25 euros if you book them before-hand, but the cheapest ones didn't really fit my schedule.

Anyway I come to Amsterdam on Tuesday, but I probably stay there at some cheap hostel for a couple of nights to see the city, but I guess I could come to your place on Thursday to meet some cubers (Charlie we'll meet in Amsterdam, right?). Personally I don't really mind if there's not enough room in the car(s), I can take a train no problem.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I'm going to both Trondheim and Benelux, I have already booked my flights from Oslo to Trondheim (cost me 49 euros one-way by www.norwegian.no). The cheapest trains (www.nsb.no) cost about 25 euros if you book them before-hand, but the cheapest ones didn't really fit my schedule.

Anyway I come to Amsterdam on Tuesday, but I probably stay there at some cheap hostel for a couple of nights to see the city, but I guess I could come to your place on Thursday to meet some cubers (Charlie we'll meet in Amsterdam, right?). Personally I don't really mind if there's not enough room in the car(s), I can take a train no problem.

Yeah sure, we can either meet at Schiphol on Thursday night to go with Joey and Chris to Arnaud's or on Friday afternoon at central station to meet the other Christ at 2pm :)

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't forget about Macky. He is coming on fridaynight as well and is staying for a while afterwards.

I'll look into the trains but Erik, Nora and maybe Alex (and me) will probably rent a car

Don't worry, I already dealt with Macky! He messaged me. Seriously, I should be your personal assistant. I think he is getting there a bit late in the evening than we'd want to leave to go to the venue. (Rotterdam at 9pm...) Or at least that's what I assumed. I'm not sure if he will have made his plans yet (I'll find out), but he mentioned he might get the train to Dingles and I said you wouldn't mind picking him up maybe (need to ask you that.....will you pick up Macky from Dingles sometime on Friday night?) I can't remember how far away you live from the venue. Was it like 1.5 hours?

On Friday, Joey, Chris (greek) and I will go to Amsterdam to meet Teemu and Chris (british) who we'll then travel to the venue with. Maybe we can travel there and back with you from work ;)

Personally I'd rather get to the venue earlier, because I don't want to go to bed too late and I'd like to be able to get a room that we can share, as some of us agreed to do that.

P.S. I will be doing a wardrobe inspection. Any illegal (lounge rescue) items will be removed and worn by competitors on Saturday.
P.P.S. I will give you some more details closer to the time (this is too far ahead to be planning.. shame on you)

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WHERE IS THE WHITE RUG?

I agree with charlie, I wanna get there a bit not too late, so we can get the BEST ROOM EVER.

I miss you sven, now get off the f****ng bed.

jazzthief81

Premium Member
WCA
2003VAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll be arriving at 's Hertogenbosch train station at 22h40 with 2 other Belgian cubers. If anyone would be willing to give us a lift to the venue, that would be greatly appreciated.

If it would be more convenient, we can take a train earlier to arrive at 21h40.

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm arriving at 9am Friday at Eindhoven airport. If anyone can offer me a lift (or knows someone who might be able to) from Eindhoven to the venue at some point on Friday that would be awesome.

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
if visa is ok, i may arrive at London on March 26 and stay in London for about one week. the average cost for one night in hotel is rather high, and it's a bit far from Bristol coz the comp starts very early. so i wonder if anyone who also goes to the comp has a vacant place at home for me to stay on March 26 and 27 ;) i'd greatly appreciate it:)

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
if visa is ok, i may arrive at London on March 26 and stay in London for about one week. the average cost for one night in hotel is rather high, and it's a bit far from Bristol coz the comp starts very early. so i wonder if anyone who also goes to the comp has a vacant place at home for me to stay on March 26 and 27 ;) i'd greatly appreciate it:)

I would say stay at mine, but I'm afraid I am full up now :( sorry. I'm not sure there are other cubers in Bristol that will have space. Most of them do not live in the area.