• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Semi Friedrich

CubeAddict

hello, i am a begginer cuber averaging about 1 min with a very simple begginers method. The method i currently use is the Pamphelt that came with my cube. My method is solving the F2L by 2 very simple ALGS- U R UI RI UI FI U F- UI FI U F U R UI RI. The LL is solving the cross then solving the edges next finishing by solving the corners.( yes i know its very nooby lol) I want to know a very good site teaching the 3 Look Last Layer not 4, i am willing to memorize many Algs.

Thanks for any help

doubleyou

ok, you can go for learning all the OLLs. by this you could get the orientation in one look. the permute corners and then corners or vice versa.

but you could also learn the 14 PLLs (21 in reality) and by that you could with a set of additional 10 I think OLLs, get the orientation in two looks then permute all the pieces in one look.

both are hard work! and I dont think you should rush getting a 3Look. I wanted the same thing although I havent been cubing more than a couple of months. I recently found that expecting this to happend quickly is not smart. I started to mix up the algs on accident. well, it totally depends on how fast you learn algs. but I'd say go for a 4 Look and get good with it. then learn more stuff.

InfiniteZero

Originally posted by doubleyou@Apr 28 2007, 12:11 PM
ok, you can go for learning all the OLLs. by this you could get the orientation in one look. the permute corners and then corners or vice versa.

but you could also learn the 14 PLLs (21 in reality) and by that you could with a set of additional 10 I think OLLs, get the orientation in two looks then permute all the pieces in one look.

both are hard work! and I dont think you should rush getting a 3Look. I wanted the same thing although I havent been cubing more than a couple of months. I recently found that expecting this to happend quickly is not smart. I started to mix up the algs on accident. well, it totally depends on how fast you learn algs. but I'd say go for a 4 Look and get good with it. then learn more stuff.
No offense doubleyou, but you still haven't answered his questions. (He wants website)

Here are some good sites in my opinion

http://cubestation.co.uk/(3x3x3 solution -> printable or CFOP -> Permutation or Orientation -> Memorize -> get better)
http://www.geocities.com/rubiks_galaxia/3look.html

And there are algorithms on this site too ;)
Permutations LL
Orientation LL

And DoubleYou is correct that there are two ways to do 3 Look LL. Orientation 1 step or Permutation 1 Step.

I would recommend Permutation one step because it is easier for you in the end. Also orientation one step would only reduce like 5 face moves, which won't deduct that much. Permatation also has less algorithms

Another recommendation is to do the F2L FIRST because that is what will REDUCE your time THE MOST. A 2/3 Look will reduce a lot too, but F2L is the way you want to go.

doubleyou

yea sorry I didnt read the post closely I guess ^^

but, yea go for the ones Inferno mentioned! but there are tons out there. I have been trying to find most sites as possible and made a folder for them in my favourites in my browser. this way I can always surf around serching for the right alg.

its is good IMO to have mutiple sites to learn from. many people put it differently. so serch around and find more..

uuh, I only need the G Perms now, so I will have a complete 3Look. two more algs to go.. I am off for learning them

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yah, learning F2L first is definitely the way to go, because it takes a lot more practice (eh?). Also, since there are 8 steps in 3 look Fridrich method (1 cross, 4 F2L pairs, 2 OLL, 1 PLL), the F2L is nearly 5/8 of the solve, so if you can make it fast, it'll reduce your overall time more.

Of course, try to balance them out, because there's no point having 8 seconds F2L and 8 seconds LL, right?

-Harris

ThatGuy

WCA
2010GUSH01
you spelling beginner wrong. You browser should have spell check. If not, get Google Chrome. You would have failed by 7th grade english class.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
you spelling beginner wrong. You browser should have spell check. If not, get Google Chrome. You would have failed by 7th grade english class.

Dude, wtf... please don't be stupid. He hasn't been on for almost a year and a half.

Besides, you should have failed 7th grade english also.

Last edited: