• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Selling Modified Puzzles

Status
Not open for further replies.

deco122392

He's not calling the fisher cube his own, then that'd be out of order..

true, it does have tony's name on it...... but i still wouldnt bye them for multiple reasons. like id enjoy making my own for one thing, for another(and moraly correct reason ) i simply respect Mr. Fisher to much.

and as for the "nock-off"s thats up for further debate. they do have differeces in design (somewhat), does that mean that its correct to be selling them and not giving some of the profit to Erno?..... again that thats up for debate.

:cool:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
qqwref2
Echoing what's said above, choosingwhether to sell Fisher mods is only about respect and nothing more. There are no legal issues associated because Fisher has not patented his designs. In fact I think almost nobody on twistypuzzles has ever patented their designs, although that doesn't mean you should go making and selling the designs of others.

As for buying DIYs... it is ALSO an issue of respect. I don't really respect Seven Towns as much, because although they have a good selection of puzzles, they haven't been able to make good 2x2 or 5x5 designs (or stickers) despite having spent so many years selling them, and their storebought 3x3s are still only good on occasion. Their target doesn't seem to be the speedcubing community (not that I blame them, though). On the other hand, I really respect Meffert's, because Uwe has many unique designs, produces high-quality and beautiful puzzles, and has historically been a great source for 4x4s and 5x5s. So I'd be a LOT less likely to buy a knockoff Pyraminx Crystal or Dogic than to buy a 3x3 DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.