• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Selling HyperCoated Cubes! Everything for only $70 total!

What HyperCoated Cubes should I have in stock?

• GAN 354M

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • GTS3M

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • GAN 356 R

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Duncan Bannon

Any progress?

Edit- Just picked up me up a Huanglong M Hypercoated! This should be great. How long do they normally take to ship?

Last edited:

Galcor117

Well first i have to buy the cube and then coat it.
May take 1-2 weeks.
Also, we haven’t been posting anything because we’ve both been busy stocking up for competitions.
Sorry about that
I still have 2 HC YJ MGCs and a HC GTS2M for sale

Duncan Bannon

Okay, sounds good. Your fine, keep us updated (me for 2x2 :) ) Looking forward to getting it and will be sure to leave a review.

Galcor117

I sold some coated 2x2s (MF2S, MF2C) at a comp and people really liked it. They all sold out.
If I could spare some money and time, I’d love to coat a magnetic 2x2 and showcase it to you guys.

casi

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank everyone so much for the overwhelming response at Cardinal Bird Fiesta 2018! I sold two MF3RS2Bs and 2 Valk 3Bs.

Duncan Bannon

I sold some coated 2x2s (MF2S, MF2C) at a comp and people really liked it. They all sold out.
If I could spare some money and time, I’d love to coat a magnetic 2x2 and showcase it to you guys.
So have you decided a price on non magnetic 2x2's? I may have one made before the huanglong I ordered ships.

Galcor117

So have you decided a price on non magnetic 2x2's? I may have one made before the huanglong I ordered ships.
It depends on the 2x2. The MF 2x2 Budget line is $13 for each non magnetic coated 2x2.
For the other 2x2s (above $10), i think maybe +$10 for the works + shipping.
Also, I have the Huanglong (got it today but it was raining so I couldn’t coat) and will coat it today. I’ll ship it today or tomorrow,

Duncan Bannon

Perfect, looking forward to getting it. Once I receive it, I'll see if I like the feel, and then possible get a 2x2. Thanks.

Galcor117

Announcement:
Please refrain from paying through the website for HyperCoated products only.
The reason is that I lose a lot of money and time when the website payment method is used for me. You may still use the website for contacting us and viewing products.
Instead, I’ll send you a PayPal email address where you can pay.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Galcor117

Well, we both vend in US comps.
Casi vends in the Tennessee Region and I vend in Massachusetts.
You can also find our wca profiles and see where we’re going and where we’ve been.

Duncan Bannon

I ordered a HC huanlong M. This is my review in the order of ordering to now.

Ordering:

Pros: Simple and easy through the website (from now on, he wants us to order through his paypal. He then aksed me (through here, I assume he would email me if I didn't have a speedsolving account).
Cons: The $50 dollar price tag. I understand they need to make money and they can't order lots of cubes at the same time to same money. However when you get to the top, there is a price.

Waiting:

Pros: Once he shipped it, it only took 3 days and one of them was the 4th of July!
Cons: It took 19 days from ordering to receiving. That is pretty long. But considering he has to order it, they have to ship it, then he needs to coat it and ship it, that's is very quick. Again if he had an inventory this would be much quicker.

Preformance:

Pros(ootb): It sped up after about 20 solves to almost what the speed is now.
Cons(ootb): Slightly gummy(that's normal though). And the coating had a smooth feel, but almost slighty sandy feel.

Pros: It began to speed up to its full speed after about 150 solves. The feel broke in and doesn't have the small sandy feel. The feel is wonderful. The cube is very fast and just wonderful. Broke my PB single!
Cons: The M slices seems to be a little slow.

Yes: It is my main!

Thanks you!

Galcor117

Thank you Duncan Bannon!

Also, I want to try new coatings similar to the style of HyperCoats.

Would you guys prefer
OP Dayan Coats
or HydroCoats (this is only an idea that may fail. The idea is for the polymer to be more reactant to water based lubes and absorb them for them to last longer and have a bigger impact...)

Also how do I delete my currently existing poll and replace it with a new one? (plz help moderators)

Last edited:

Duncan Bannon

Probably the dayan coats. As OP is getting harder to find and a lot of people like the feel. And the Hydrocoat can be done anytime. It does sound really sweet though.