• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Selling Cubicle Silk lube. Also willing to trade

allanboss131

Since Silk is now discontinued, and is pretty rare, I will be selling my 3/4s of a bottle of silk for $40 if people are interested. I will accept all offers, just pm me and we can negotiate.

allanboss131

You're pricing it at 500% of its original cost because of a temporary discontinuation? It's lube, not the last remaining air on the planet.
It could be gone forever, and look what happened with op dayan products, and cubesmith logos.... You just never know.

allanboss131

can u like even research a bit? It's temporarily discontinued. No reason to panic...
I totally did my research. Where did it say it was temporarily discontinued? Here is what the cubicle has on their page "We regret to announce that due to problems with sourcing the ingredients for Lubicle Silk, we had to discontinue it. We will keep trying to obtain the ingredients, and if we are able to offer it again, we will update this page to make it purchasable again." This says nothing that they are guaranteed to come back. I was never freaking out. I said "it could be gone forever" meaning that there is a chance that it will never come back. Do your research....

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
From the page for silk: We will keep trying to obtain the ingredients, and if we are able to offer it again, we will update this page to make it purchasable again.

Like jeezy creezy was that so hard to find...

allanboss131

The op Dayan was a cube..., and cube smith logos didn't sell for that much
I sold mine plus 35 dollars for a magnetic 4x4 from Chris Tran. which is supposedly valued at 80 dollars. thats 3 logos worth 45 dollars which is kinda alot for me. :). I do understand your point about the op dayans though.

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
I totally did my research. Where did it say it was temporarily discontinued? Here is what the cubicle has on their page "We regret to announce that due to problems with sourcing the ingredients for Lubicle Silk, we had to discontinue it. We will keep trying to obtain the ingredients, and if we are able to offer it again, we will update this page to make it purchasable again." This says nothing that they are guaranteed to come back. I was never freaking out. I said "it could be gone forever" meaning that there is a chance that it will never come back. Do your research....
If you know anything about basic economics, if demand increases to the point of a bottle being worth $50, cubicle would just buy the items at a higher cost in order to supply it and continue making a profit.

allanboss131

If you know anything about basic economics, if demand increases to the point of a bottle being worth $50, cubicle would just buy the items at a higher cost in order to supply it and continue making a profit.
agreed. But what they said in their post could have also meant that the ingredients aren't easily available. You just never know. Im not trying to be rude and genuinely wanted to see if people wanted silk.

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
agreed. But what they said in their post could have also meant that the ingredients aren't easily available. You just never know. Im not trying to be rude and genuinely wanted to see if people wanted silk.
It just seemed like you were trying to scare people into thinking it's worth more than it is. I really don't think the price is nearly as high as you perceive it to be.

Fawn

I just got some in the mail today. I feel a bit lucky now.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
You know what? That makes sense. And I think it was you who pointed out that items are based on how much people will pay for it. I think that they could easily sell the stuff for a much higher price and people would still buy it. Because it's freaking awesome. Idk. I just ordered some DNM-37. I'll compare that to Silk and see if I would even want Silk.

*Lightbulb*.......Oooorrrrr..........

.....now that @4Chan works for the Cubicle, maybe he can tweak the formula for Silk and make it even better! "Silk 2.0"

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
You know what? That makes sense. And I think it was you who pointed out that items are based on how much people will pay for it. I think that they could easily sell the stuff for a much higher price and people would still buy it. Because it's freaking awesome. Idk. I just ordered some DNM-37. I'll compare that to Silk and see if I would even want Silk.

*Lightbulb*.......Oooorrrrr..........

.....now that @4Chan works for the Cubicle, maybe he can tweak the formula for Silk and make it even better! "Silk 2.0"
Silk and DNM have different purposes, DNM was made to replace Maru as a water based lube. Silk is a nice piece lube that you only need to apply once (maybe more if you're using the cube for over a year)

lol love the idea of silk 2.0 but I think Chris is already very very busy as it is

DatMudkipMan

The lube kits that include Silk are still in stock, so maybe they have some left set aside just for the bundles so you could possibly get Silk from there