• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Saying Hi!

grownupboy

Hey all!

Just had my 54th bday and decided what better time to pick up cubing!?

I used to solve when I was in high school and remember I was under 45 seconds back then (on the original Rubik's brand cube!) Digging in and re-learning everything and so far I'm having a blast!

Just wanted to say hi!!

K.

Brayden Adams

Welcome Back!! I would say a good budget 3x3 is the YuXIn Little Magic, get a MoFang Jiaoshi 2x2 and 4x4, X-Man Bell Pyraminx, and then you can expand from there! Have Fun!!!!!

grownupboy

Thanks for the advice, cuber and Brayden!

I just ordered an MGT3M and have been working through CFOP with intuitive F2L (trying anyway!) and 2 look OLL. Figured I'd start off easy and add more algorithms when I can get that below 2 mins.

Also picked up a Wuxia M 2x2 which is my new fidget spinner! LOL!

K.

grownupboy

Hey again!

Loving the (factory) GTS3M but it's got a little metallic twang when I move the green side of the cube. Pretty sure a quick lube will fix this up and since I'm taking it apart to lube the core I figured I'd go ahead and clean and re-lube the whole thing.

What do you all use of your GTS3M? I see the Cubicle version of this cube uses Traxxas 30 on the core and a combo of DNM-37 and Speedy on the pieces but I have zero experience with this kind of thing so I'm not sure where to start! :)

Advice appreciated!

K.

grownupboy

Right - I just meant what order do you apply the different lubes? Or do you just put them all on at once and mix it up by doing a couple solves?

K.

grownupboy

Thanks Astral - I've been through a ton of videos on YouTube on setting up and everyone recommends a different combo of lubes during the process. Just checking to see what everyone did on these forums as well.

Placing an order for lube later today...

karl

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks Astral - I've been through a ton of videos on YouTube on setting up and everyone recommends a different combo of lubes during the process. Just checking to see what everyone did on these forums as well.

Placing an order for lube later today...

karl
Evreyone has their own preference which is why they are all different. You're gonna have to play with some lubes and figure out what works best for you.

grownupboy

Thanks Abso.

Of course the purpose of the question was to see what experienced cubers were doing as a starting point. While the "just figure it out for yourself" is a staple answer for any online forums I suppose I should be thankful you took the time to reply at all.

I suppose...

K.