• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Legal action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
DaYan actually mentioned he was done with 3x3x3s after the ZhanChi was released. Since then we've seen the LingYun and GuHong V2s, but those aren't really new cubes.

The Alpha CC was more or less slammed by the community. "Alpha" put a lot of time into that cube, so I guess they feel burnt.

ShengEn screwed the Type-F line up by releasing the F-III.

WitEden brought out the half-decent C-IV.

It's not like new cubes aren't being released. People are starting to expect a certain level of performance that not every company is up to delivering. I can understand why those companies would rather put resources into other products and ideas...

@E3cubestore

But wouldn't "I couldn't care less" be more fitting than "I could care less"?

"I couldn't care less" as in "There's no way I could care any less"
"I could care less" as in "I could care less, but I don't"

English isn't my mother tongue so I'm just speculating...

Last edited:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you see that things happen the same every time and you conclude it will happen the same way again, you are using inductive reasoning, which is much less reliable than deductive reasoning.

ok?!

Also remember for a short time the guhong was illegal, and the price went up significantly

No. I remember buying two guhongs during this time period for the same price as normal.

Touché about the assumptions, but you originally had a problem with me having "a feeling certain companies were having legal issues" is my hunch really that offensive to you?

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Eastsheen has no new ideas and they make sucky products. If you have alternate theories on why the Chinese clone companies haven't been making new ones, then present a better theory rather than arguing against a perfectly relevant and acceptable hypothesis.

Explain why the universe exists, otherwise God did it.

Actually I think it would be really funny.

You misunderstand why it wouldn't go down well since you've only been active since 2010.

Despite the way the phrase "I could care less" sounds and looks grammatically, the expression is commonly used to denote the lack of caring. :cool:

You said the opposite of what you meant, which causes trouble for people reading your post.

Not everyone is American and understands specific (incorrect) colloquialisms.

Also, it makes you sound like an imbecile who doesn't think about what he's saying.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
SAVE THOM

And the others! :D

Ethan Rosen, Pembo, Kirjava etc. oh and somehow I got banned too :D

EDIT: might as well post sth on-topic ;-)

We'll never go back to the Rubik's brand-era. They can't get rid of the copies. The only way is if they make a better cube than we have now, which I don't see happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.