• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Clock Cleanup

TomZ

I just opened my Rubik's Clock, and the mess inside is unbelievable. The clock dust literally made my hands look like those of a chimney sweeper! I just wiped every part using a damp cloth, but I cannot get rid of all the dust. Would it be harmful to my clock parts to give them a quick bath in some soapy water? (will the paint fade?, any specific parts I shouldn't wash?)

Secondly, the paper inserts look pretty bad. They're also covered in clock dust. I've considered scanning them and editing the pictures to remove some bad spots and then printing them again, but I doubt I will be able to improve them by much. So, does anyone have print-ready clock inserts? (this is my main question, actually)

Thirdly, is there anything I should watch out for when lubing with silicon? Of course I shouldn't use too much, but anything else?

Lastly, does anyone have any other useful tips for me?

Last edited:

GermanCube

WCA
2010SCHR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,

first of all, sorry for that bump. But instead of opening a new thread, I thought I'd better add something to this one.

Has anyone ever scanned the clock inserts or made custom ones? I have the popbuying clock and don't really like the look of its inserts. It turns really great, but doesn't look the way I want it to look . . .
So if you have images you could share, I'd be thankful.

Thanks!

puzzlemaster

WCA
2008LAUD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,

first of all, sorry for that bump. But instead of opening a new thread, I thought I'd better add something to this one.

Has anyone ever scanned the clock inserts or made custom ones? I have the popbuying clock and don't really like the look of its inserts. It turns really great, but doesn't look the way I want it to look . . .
So if you have images you could share, I'd be thankful.

Thanks!

David Woner has custom inserts. You can really put in any pictures you want to be honest.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need to clean out my clock to. I was stupid enough to lube it with a bunch of maru lube, and now the pins are uncontrollable, and don't stay , (if the pins are up and I tilt the clock, they go down.) I have to add resistance to the small metal pins inside the large black pin, but how? BTW its a majic clock

cubemaster13

WCA
2009LEVY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It would really greatly appreciated if somebody uploaded the original clock insets. If you make your own, they may not be competition legal. The inserts in the knock-off clock I have are really ugly and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy the original inserts in our knock-off clocks. Please and thank you :)

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It would really greatly appreciated if somebody uploaded the original clock insets. If you make your own, they may not be competition legal. The inserts in the knock-off clock I have are really ugly and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy the original inserts in our knock-off clocks. Please and thank you :)

Custom inserts are competition legal (assuming you dont put lists of algs on them of course).