• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Rowe Hessler 2.45 2x2 Average

rowehessler

for all you who think this average was "lucky", you are wrong. The second scramble did have an LL skip solution, but i did not see it and i had a complete full step solve. Even without the 1.03 LL skip, this would be a 2.81 WR. Sure the scrambles were "easy", but technically my 2.19, 2.22, and 2.93, the counting solves, were all full step.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
for all you who think this average was "lucky", you are wrong. The second scramble did have an LL skip solution, but i did not see it and i had a complete full step solve. Even without the 1.03 LL skip, this would be a 2.81 WR. Sure the scrambles were "easy", but technically my 2.19, 2.22, and 2.93, the counting solves, were all full step.

I did not say it was lucky but it was for sure easier scrambles than the average ones. 2x2x2, Pyraminx and Square-1 are puzzles where the scrambles count the most, as few as five can give really great differences in the average.

Maybe we should change to average 10(12) for 2x2 and pyra in competitions?

Both have short solving times and scrambling is easy (Sq-1, that is only true for the fast solvers and not for scrambling so I don't suggest that one too)

He's super lucky...2 skips as well as 2 easy FL...
well, i decide to learn CLL after i saw the video which makes me completely shocked...

rowe got 1 skip. not 2

yeah me 2, but many people had this as a solution for the second scramble: x2 F R U' R' U2, which i sadly did not see. clearly by the video it was a full step CLL solve.

I did: start in white, do F R U R' for FL and then it is a Niklas of wich you can save the first turn...

Last edited:

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe we should change to average 10(12) for 2x2 and pyra in competitions?

I wouldn't really like this idea. We'd have to get rid of the old results, because so few of them would be comparable to averages of 12, and then we'd have to start all over, like we've done with multi-BLD, and call what we have now "2x2 OLD", which I think would be a waste of a lot of previous time.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It might be reasonable for people like Rowe to do averages of 10/12 in a competition, but having everyone do one would take quite a while.

Well, if we have a format that gives average of five for the first round and then for the finals seven more solves to make a 10(12) for the best ones then?

Old and new styles, the 5x5 is a mixture of Mo3 and 3(5) averages and that works so why not for 2x2?

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It might be reasonable for people like Rowe to do averages of 10/12 in a competition, but having everyone do one would take quite a while.

Well, if we have a format that gives average of five for the first round and then for the finals seven more solves to make a 10(12) for the best ones then?

Old and new styles, the 5x5 is a mixture of Mo3 and 3(5) averages and that works so why not for 2x2?

Err, when was the last time any competition used Mo3 for 5x5?