• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

River Hill Summer 2012

crazycat29

haha well you see I kind of have like a barely sub 30 average and like a lot of the people going have like a sub 15 average soooo compared to them I kinda suck. Also I'm doing 4x4 5x5 and 2x2 and one handed and those take a lot of time to get your averages down, and I'm probably going to be really nervous and stuff so my hands are going to like shake during the solves but it's going to be fun. But I am really good at blind solves especially big cubes blindfolded and you can't really see the people looking at you so you can't be nervous but sadly there is no blind solve at this competition.

Last edited:

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, neither Felix nor I like BLD very much, so... xD

But addressing your issues: I wasn't much faster than you were at my first competition. What's your name? If you come early, I can introduce you to some of my friends(who are actually slower than you), and you can just enjoy yourself. If you're around 30, don't go to win, go to have fun. Just try and socialize, and you'll have a good time.

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
haha well you see I kind of have like a barely sub 30 average and like a lot of the people going have like a sub 15 average soooo compared to them I kinda suck. Also I'm doing 4x4 5x5 and 2x2 and one handed and those take a lot of time to get your averages down, and I'm probably going to be really nervous and stuff so my hands are going to like shake during the solves but it's going to be fun. But I am really good at blind solves especially big cubes blindfolded and you can't really see the people looking at you so you can't be nervous but sadly there is no blind solve at this competition.

lol don't worry.
I was so nervous at my first competition, that I only managed to get one good 2x2 solve, and I messed up PLL twice in 3x3, so I got a 40 second average (when I averaged more around 30).
You just have to not psych yourself out. Remember, how well you do doesn't really matter. You're only there to have fun and do some solves. (if you think like that, you tend to be less nervous [about doing well] and you end up having good solves.

crazycat29

My name's Tarun Singh I was at the you can do the cube comp. and I saw you compete for Riverdale and you told me how your averages dropped by two seconds in two days and you like barely practiced, but yea it would be awesome to meet some of the other cubers there. I'll be practicing a lot next week so I could atleast make the cutoff for the big cubes. I really need to practice 5x5. I just broke both my 5x5s, my v cube and my QJ so I just ordered a YJ from cubedepot, and my one handed times should drop with a little practice. (Is there a such thing as big cubes one handed?)

P.S how does the this was origanally posted by... thing work?

Last edited:

crazycat29

Allright I sent you a request (I think) but I might not be able to make it on the 12 because I might have football tryouts but I will have to check

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
I bought a vehicle just for River Hill. Hopefully it makes it. :p

IMG392.jpg

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really excited now.
I looked at the psych sheet for pyraminx and I think I have a chance at getting top 3 assumming I practice lots and can get a sub10 average.... Must stay calm though.... Worrying doesn't help....

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Really excited now.
I looked at the psych sheet for pyraminx and I think I have a chance at getting top 3 assumming I practice lots and can get a sub10 average.... Must stay calm though.... Worrying doesn't help....

lol. Just don't miss 3rd place by .06 like I did at Brown.