• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Request for a random state, NON-optimal 2x2 scrambler

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, guys, qqTimer now supports suboptimal random state scrambling for 2x2x2 and Pyraminx. You can still use optimal random state scrambling if you want, but the default is the suboptimal one. So now it should be less obvious when you get a stupidly easy scramble.

That is: all scrambles generated will be exactly 11 moves (not counting trivial tips) since that is God's Number for those two puzzles. You can set the minimum to something other than 11 if you want, but I don't recommend it, since there is really no point in doing that.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, guys, qqTimer now supports suboptimal random state scrambling for 2x2x2 and Pyraminx. You can still use optimal random state scrambling if you want, but the default is the suboptimal one. So now it should be less obvious when you get a stupidly easy scramble.

That is: all scrambles generated will be exactly 11 moves (not counting trivial tips) since that is God's Number for those two puzzles. You can set the minimum to something other than 11 if you want, but I don't recommend it, since there is really no point in doing that.

Awesome - thanks! I'll definitely be using qqTimer for 2x2x2 practice from now on.