• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Red Cross Cubing Open 2016 (Somerset, NJ, USA)

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
I'm down to go. If anyone needs a ride from NYC I'll be driving and may be able to car pool.

Is there any chance that there will be a average for 5x5 or just singles?

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
Very exciting. How many people get to make the cutoff?

I didn't say it in my registration, but both my wife and I are able to volunteer as judges.

henrysavich

WCA
2013SAVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very exciting. How many people get to make the cutoff?

Cutoff's are typically based on times, not number of competitors. The cutoff times are not published on the website but the average 5x5 soft cutoff is around 2:30 - 2:00 within your first two solves to get an average. Of course I presume as well that cutoffs can be made to change if we are ahead of or behind of schedule.

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
Cutoff's are typically based on times, not number of competitors. The cutoff times are not published on the website but the average 5x5 soft cutoff is around 2:30 - 2:00 within your first two solves to get an average. Of course I presume as well that cutoffs can be made to change if we are ahead of or behind of schedule.

Thanks. right now I am averaging 2:40. This is great incentive to try and improve my times.

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
I had a great time at the competition. I wanted to thank the Red Cross club for putting the competition on.

Does anyone know when the scores will be posted to the WCA site?