• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Reading and finding recent forum posts

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Many people used the "recent threads" module on the homepage to find recent posts. While it can be useful at a glimpse, it doesn't include all the recent posts (since it filters some forums), but it also only includes the latest 20. This means if you only used the home to find posts, you were missing you on many new posts on the forum.

For those who aren't aware, I wanted to bring attention to these 2 options for finding recent posts:
1. What's New - the link is in the navbar, but it basically shows you all the posts you haven't read. If you have read it, it doesn't show.
2. Today's Post - this shows you all the active threads of today, whether you have read them already or not.

I think these solutions work well if you want to see the newest posts. Otherwise, browsing the forums as you wish is useful.

If anyone has feedback as to what would be better than what I've described above, please comment below and I will work on getting it made. I want to make browsing and finding posts as easy as possible, so please provide some feedback if you have any.

Thanks.