• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Question about Eastsheen cubes...

reubus

I'm curious if anyone can fill me in on something. What is (are?) the difference(s) between all the various versions of Eastsheen cubes. I notice there's an A5, a C5, an E5, etc. Are they different sizes? Quality?

Also, I've heard Eastsheen cubes are better for speedcubing. Is this true?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

reubus

reubus

Strange...

Strange you should say that, cuz I did a bit more poking and found some figures... Apparently the A5 cube (5x5x5) is 6cm, while the M5 (also 5x5x5) is 11cm.

Toojdwin

Don't know where you got that from, but the packaging is indeed the only difference. An 11cm x 11cm x 11cm cube would be huge.

mahajarama

I've heard that Eastsheen cubes are generally smaller than the Rubik's brands. So if you prefer a smaller cube, then Eastsheen cubes are the way to go.

Last edited:

reubus

Don't know where you got that from, but the packaging is indeed the only difference. An 11cm x 11cm x 11cm cube would be huge.

Got that from the Eastsheen site... I guess it must be shipping sizes.:confused:

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For all those EastSheen variations, the only difference is in the packaging as was said before.

There is no 11x11x11 cm 5x5x5. That is just the size of the packaging

However there are 4x4x4 cubes that are bigger than a Rubiks 5x5x5 and those also use the "Eastsheen 4x4x4" internal mechanisms. I don't think they are sold by EastSheen though. I got mine from http://www.9spuzzles.com/index.php?gOo=goods_search_list.dwt&gcat=22&gtype=