• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Puzzle thieves at WCA competitions

Thecuber1

WCA
2014WALD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On another note, if you are someone who picks up random puzzles and starts using them, please stop. Yes you know how puzzles work but far too often do I see puzzles being turned improperly and then suddenly pop and pieces are easy to lose. I do realize this is not always the case because it's a simple 3x3 or something but it's not respectful to grab everything just because you want to touch it.

If you just simply can't resist touching a puzzle sitting about, without asking permission, at least put it back exactly where you got it in the condition you found it. Just recently I was the delegate for "Clock 'N Stuff" for Joshua Feran. Long story short, some kids decided to pick up his clock off of a fairly low traffic spot and they broke it. It wouldn't have been as bad if they would have said something but it was later found shattered on one face and just left there.

If you're going to do things like steal and break other peoples things, then how do you expect people to keep putting time and money into things for you. This is not behavior that encourages more competitions and it doesn't make people happy.

Grow up.

Like whoever pops Matt Bahner's floppy petaminx every comp.

TheNewCuber

I agree with this post! My GAN 356 X was just stolen at Brooklyn 2019. I had just gotten it a month ago as well, so it’s really been annoying. I have to save up 3 months of allowance now until I can buy a new one. I can’t believe people would do this. What if they knew how it felt to have their cube stolen?

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I was at a comp and right before sq1 finals someone must have taken my cosmic volt m (idk if it was stolen or accidentally taken) The saddest part was in round 1 with my cosmic volt m I got a 22.xx ao5. In finals A 22 AVERAGE PODIUMED!!!!!!!

Capcubeing

I personally have never had a cube stolen at a comp but I know people who have. We need to stop this.