• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PTimer (More timer stuff for videos)

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Just to add, I've tested it on Ubuntu linux everything seems to work fine.

One more suggestion though. I would make the 'D' and 'P'/'+' keys work like toggles so that pressing the key twice has the effect of pressing 'O', eliminating the need for another key. It's not hugely important but I think it's probably more intuitive that way.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice.

However, it takes a while to initialize. I waited a while, and tabbed back a few minutes later, and it was ready, though.

Worse issue: Look at full-screen Java behavior on a Mac.
PTimer
CCT
I can hide the dock easily, but the option of a border buffer might be nicer. Or maybe there's a Java hak to display on top of everything.

Also, while I think the layout is well-designed, the color scheme is still rather glaring. I don't have any good suggestions, though.

YouTube
Visit Channel
i like it BIG :D

i love to be intimidated by the time

instead of you put "the time is running", i would love to see the BIG time on the screen ^_^

it's just personal preference

but just like this, it is nice :D

thank you for sharing

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
nice one, you hide the scramble so people dont cheat!

No, actually I hide the scramble so that viewers can't claim that the cuber cheated (that way).

This is interesting, we do both have the same idea (prevent undoing the scramble), but we apparently still have a very different mindset/perspective. I didn't even think of people cheating, only about the reactions of the people watching. Probably cause I'm much more used to the latter. But you're right, it also does prevent that cheating. And your perspective is much more natural. I guess years of cubing have spoiled me somehow.

Last edited:

CuberN00b

nice one, you hide the scramble so people dont cheat!

No, actually I hide the scramble so that viewers can't claim that the cuber cheated (that way).

This is interesting, we do both have the same idea (prevent undoing the scramble), but we apparently still have a very different mindset/perspective. I didn't even think of people cheating, only about the reactions of the people watching. Probably cause I'm much more used to the latter. But you're right, it also does prevent that cheating. And your perspective is much more natural. I guess years of cubing have spoiled me somehow.

Yeah, it prevents cheating except people write the scramble on a paper (LOL):D

Maybe you could add some option, so people could mark a solve as Solved, DNF or +2 Penalty.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where did you get all these domains?

Found them on the street, near the bus stop. Nah, actually from RB Media Group, a German host with fairly cheap .net/.com domains (at least compared to other German hosts). Your "all these domains" is funny, btw, cause I have published only 3 out of about 20 (haven't used/published the others yet).

miniGOINGS

Stefan, you have been contributing so much to the speedsolving community lately...what's the catch? ;)

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Im having problems with the statistics button. It works fine up until the fifth solve, and then does nothing when i press 's'

Im on a win 7, and i have restarted it.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The statistics worked once, but twice it didn't show up.
Im having problems with the statistics button. It works fine up until the fifth solve, and then does nothing when i press 's'

That bug is now fixed. Forgot to include a part of the program when packaging it, the part the determines the best average-of-5 (which only got used when you had 5+ solves). Thanks for pointing the bug out and sorry I didn't get to it sooner.

Also, I press Esc and Yes, but it won't close.

Are you pressing with the mouse or the keyboard? If keyboard, which key? Space key works for me, enter doesn't, will look into it.

Last edited:

spdcbr

Sorrry for the bump. Can you make a combination of the two? I like the format/style of the first timer but it can't take averages...

dcrystalj

hi nice timer. but i hate seeing people turning cube so slow and solve it at same time as i move as fast as i can !!