• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Primary Stickers

KStu

I just bought a FangShi ShuangRen v2 in primary color, and I plan on ordering stickers for it from CubeSmith. However, I have a few questions that I want you fellow forum members' opinions on:

1) Do you prefer to have a white side or a black side on primary color cubes?
2) Do you prefer tiles or stickers? (not so much having to do with primary as cubing in general)
3) If you prefer stickers, which set do you like? I have heard that the half-bright set works well with primary color cubes, as well as the half-bright set with bright blue.
4) If you prefer tiles, which set do you like? I have heard that standard with light orange also works well with primary color cubes.

Right now, I am leaning towards a white side with half-bright stickers (not sure on bright blue or not yet), but I want to get your guys' opinions first. I originally had the idea to use textured tiles to make the cube feel rough, combined with the primary color to make it feel like a vary prototype-y cube, like it hadn't been sanded or painted/dyed yet, but the half-brights look tempting as well.

KStu

My only problem with full brights is that they have pink (I really don't want pink, I would much prefer red)...or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Last edited:

KStu

Gotcha, are all the colors easy to tell apart with those? (red/orange, white/yellow, etc) I know the half-brights are good because the opposite sides that usually look similar, one is fluorescent and the other is standard.

KStu

Alright, I decided to go with Full-Brights. I talked to customer support and was able to add to my order a set of Full-Bright stickers, as well as some application tape and a plastic razor, just before it was shipped. Thank you all for your input.