• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Presenting FiveTimer (for iPhone and iPod touch)

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For iPhone and iPod Touch, FiveTimer is your lightweight cube timer with strength where it matters.

Features:
- Puzzle support for 2x2-5x5
- Email full session, current, or best average of five or twelve
- Session saving, times are retained between puzzles
- Does not fall asleep while timing.
- Contrasted, low power interface.

.99¢ on iTunes, here's the link, tell me what you think.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fivetimer/id471548639?mt=8

I'll make a video of it soon, if you're more curious how it works.

IngeneroiOS

YouTube
Visit Channel
Now I know why you wouldn't promote my app! I like the minimalistic design, it looks very clean. You might want to watch out for 'low power interface' though - darker colours actually use up more power, as the device has to actively dim the pixels. Perhaps instead put that you can add penalties, or some other feature.
I'll give it a download, to see how it compares.

HomerCole

Wow great to know about it....
Definitely want to buy it now,
....still waiting for your video 'Me' so as know its working capability!!

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
I know, this Therad is kinda old...
I really like the five timer and would appreciate, if it shows averages of 100.

Maybe there can be a update for that?

WCA
2012PATE01
yeah above comment/\
I would also like ( and allot of other people to) that whe have like a coise sort of like QQtimer.net has I miss avg 25 50 and 100 :(

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow I nearly forgot about this thread, I really appreciate the interest.
I really like the five timer and would appreciate, if it shows averages of 100.

Maybe there can be a update for that?

I intend to update the way averages are displayed. This includes a proper average of 100 display.

yeah above comment/\
I would also like ( and allot of other people to) that whe have like a coise sort of like QQtimer.net has I miss avg 25 50 and 100 :(

The 'average' line in the 'Session of x' tab on the Stats page gives the average with best and worst eliminated. Apparently averages of 100 are calculated slightly differently(?) so I have to work that in there.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow I nearly forgot about this thread, I really appreciate the interest.

I intend to update the way averages are displayed. This includes a proper average of 100 display.

The 'average' line in the 'Session of x' tab on the Stats page gives the average with best and worst eliminated. Apparently averages of 100 are calculated slightly differently(?) so I have to work that in there.

Averages of 100 remove the top and bottom 5% :)

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is for the Android app - but many of the scrambles are cut off when displayed on my Samsung Galaxy S4. The puzzles where this happens include:

- 4x4 - 5x5
- Possibly 6x6 and 7x7 (they don't have chopped off lines, but there could be several undisplayed lines, as the scrambles for both puzzles have the same length)e
- Megaminx

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
Wait no. No, in theory that would mean 90% of solves count. Taking 2 out of an ao5 makes that 60% counting. Taking 2 out of ao12 means that 83% count. I think this only applies to much larger averages, ao50, 100, 1000, etc

The formula is: y = ceil(.05(x))
where y is number of solves to not count from bottom and top (i.e. y=1 means take out the best and worst solve)
where x is the total number of solves

Ex:
ceil(.05(5)) = ceil(.25) = 1
ceil(.05(12)) = ceil(.6) = 1
ceil(.05(20)) = ceil(1) = 1
ceil(.05(21)) = ceil(1) = 2
ceil(.05(50)) = ceil(2.5) = 3
ceil(.05(100)) = ceil(5) = 5
ceil(.05(1000)) = ceil(50) = 50

Last edited:

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is for the Android app - but many of the scrambles are cut off when displayed on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Megaminx

This is why I was so resistant to developing for Android, the darn screen sizes. I've been thinking up an in-app tool to fix this.

Is there a Progress so far?
Short answer: It's out when it's out.
Addendum: I've mentioned this a couple other places, but I'll mentioned it again. My laptop with the most recent code on it got stolen about a month ago, waited a bit to get a new one, and now I'm reimplementing the current version. Do regular back ups folks, don't learn the hard way.

MM99

Am I just stupid or is the avg calculator broken?
In my current session my best ao5 is 15.48 ao12 is 16.88 then the ao50 is 15.38?! How can that be lower than my ao5 and also my best avg of 100 is 16.43 which is better than my best ao12 I'm seriously confused