• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] Possible Skewb Mis-scramble (final round at KPW 2015)?

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone!
Does anyone have the scrambles that were used in Skewb final round at Keep Portland Weird 2015?
I find it odd that I was the only person to get a sub 4 single in finals, but it's also odd how nobody else got really a decent time on the first solve.
I'm wondering if I got a mis-scramble or something because I'm definitely not superior compared to everyone else.
The 3.52 was on the first solve of finals.
Thank you guys!
-Riley

3.52 OFFICIAL Skewb Single!!! - Riley Edwards

Here is my reconstruction:
R L (first side)
z2 y sledge y sledge (Sarah's advanced)
10 Moves

Last edited by a moderator:

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, that's definitely a misscramble.

Actual scramble: L R L U' B R' U' R' L R B
Your scramble: L R L U' B R' U' R' L R' B

This should serve as a warning to all scramblers to not check only a part of the puzzle, but actually check the whole thing. Due to the error being so close to the end, many of the pieces were still in their correct place.

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, that's definitely a misscramble.

Actual scramble: L R L U' B R' U' R' L R B
Your scramble: L R L U' B R' U' R' L R' B

This should serve as a warning to all scramblers to not check only a part of the puzzle, but actually check the whole thing. Due to the error being so close to the end, many of the pieces were still in their correct place.

Ah, that sucks. Should it be DNF'ed?
I think it should be a little more clear to the scramblers that they should check the entire cube. Also, I don't know if the judges were told about not touching the cube when checking out a +2, because I had a few occasions at the past competition, where the judge would pick it up and move it closer to him/her to see it, although I know it probably wouldn't hurt if I just reminded them, when it was close to a +2.

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Judging by recent happenings, as long as the scramble you got was 'legal', it shouldn't.

Okay. It was 10 moves and I started/stopped the timer in the ways that I should have, so I think it should probably be legal, cause I can't control what scramble I get. However, if we found out it was a mis-scramble at the comp, I dunno if I would be given an extra attempt, with the 3.52 erased.

natezach728

WCA
2012SORI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay. It was 10 moves and I started/stopped the timer in the ways that I should have, so I think it should probably be legal, cause I can't control what scramble I get. However, if we found out it was a mis-scramble at the comp, I dunno if I would be given an extra attempt, with the 3.52 erased.

The amount of moves you solved it in doesn't matter. It needs to be 7 or more optimal. And obviously you wouldn't be given another attempt because the competition ended. If it ends up being 6 move optimal, it will be DNF'd, even though it's out of your control. (As you can see, I'm an expert on this :)

cuberkid10

WCA
2010HULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The amount of moves you solved it in doesn't matter. It needs to be 7 or more optimal. And obviously you wouldn't be given another attempt because the competition ended. If it ends up being 6 move optimal, it will be DNF'd, even though it's out of your control. (As you can see, I'm an expert on this :)
I think he meant that if the miscramble was discovered while the competition was still happening, would he get an extra attempt.

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Yeah but this is 9 moves optimal