Bryan
Premium Member
Update: Looks like this won't occur.
So here's the situation. I'm working with someone in Chicago that's interested in hold a competition (it's a store that sells thinking games). anyway, they're going to be sending me the size of the rooms they have and we'll see if that works out, or if they're able to find another place.
If they don't, then it's probably not going to happen. However, I have an airline voucher that I need to use before March, and it looks like I'm not going to be going anywhere. I also have a coworker in Chicago I could crash at. So my total travel costs would be very small. By flying, I also would avoid the possibility of a snow storm and not being able to make it (and I avoid driving in Chicago).
So yeah, if someone's interested in trying to find a backup venue if this first place doesn't work, that'd be great.
If you simply "want to be uber excited" about the possibility of a competition and nothing else, then don't be disappointed if stuff falls through.
So here's the situation. I'm working with someone in Chicago that's interested in hold a competition (it's a store that sells thinking games). anyway, they're going to be sending me the size of the rooms they have and we'll see if that works out, or if they're able to find another place.
If they don't, then it's probably not going to happen. However, I have an airline voucher that I need to use before March, and it looks like I'm not going to be going anywhere. I also have a coworker in Chicago I could crash at. So my total travel costs would be very small. By flying, I also would avoid the possibility of a snow storm and not being able to make it (and I avoid driving in Chicago).
So yeah, if someone's interested in trying to find a backup venue if this first place doesn't work, that'd be great.
If you simply "want to be uber excited" about the possibility of a competition and nothing else, then don't be disappointed if stuff falls through.
Last edited: