• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

pll_trainer: helps you practice PLL's

Zarxrax

It would be nice if both the PLL trainer and OLL trainer both just had a scroll bar. Should be simple to implement... I dunno if this is still being worked on though...

jackdexter75

YouTube
Visit Channel
What does "STD" mean in the program??
I publicly apologize to my neighborhood for the disturbance I caused from laughing so hard.

J/k, and I don't know what it stands for. Standard deviation?
haha I knew someone would react like that. rofl. Standard deviation? I don't know what the heck that means either haha

Sir E Brum

WCA
2010HANN01
What does "STD" mean in the program??
I publicly apologize to my neighborhood for the disturbance I caused from laughing so hard.

J/k, and I don't know what it stands for. Standard deviation?
haha I knew someone would react like that. rofl. Standard deviation? I don't know what the heck that means either haha
Yes. It does mean standard deviation. I was able to download the trainer as well. Apparently, the link has been fixed.

aznmortalx

If you don't feel like reading the article then...

tl;dr STD (...) is pretty much a calculation of how close your times are together. Having a low standard deviation means you are getting consistent times/whatever is being measured. In other words, your times are very close to your average. A high one is exactly the opposite.

There's a way to calculate by hand an SD of something, but I'm 99% sure that's on Wikipedia.

Last edited:

jackdexter75

YouTube
Visit Channel
STD (...) is pretty much a calculation of how close your times are together. Having a low standard deviation means you are getting consistent times/whatever is being measured. In other words, your times are very close to your average. A high one is exactly the opposite.

There's a way to calculate by hand an SD of something, but that's on wikipedia.
ohhhh then I have really good std's.... Haha wow. I'm not even gonna..