• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PLL help

wiggles

I'm stuck in the period of learning alogs I dont understand a couple of bits like Ls ds ds rs us bs

Johannes91

You should read a tutorial about "how to ask questions". Giving more information (like showing the algs that use those notations) would help figuring out what your problem is.

How exactly didn't that help? Don't you understand what "Us = Ds’ = U D’" means, or do the algs not work with that definition?

wiggles

I dont under stand what the Ds and Bs are for example r l2 d' b' d b l b' Ls

right clockwise 90 deg, left 180 deg, down face (the "bottom of the cube) counter-clockwise 90 deg, back face (opposite front) 90 degrees counter-clockwise), down face 90 degrees clockwise, back face 90 degrees clockwise, left face 90 degrees clockwise, back face 90 degrees counter-clockwise, left face and middle slice 90 degrees clockwise.

I think...

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
I dont under stand what the Ds and Bs are for example r l2 d' b' d b l b' Ls
There are a few different notations floating around. We all pretty much use the same notation on this forum, but what you've written most likely wrong. The generally accepted notation is explained pretty clearly here: http://www.nascarjon.us/notation.html

R means turn the right side face clockwise. r means turn the right side face and the center set of cubes as a unit clockwise, sometimes called a "double face turn" or "whole turn" and sometimes notated Fw, but not here. Ls means "left slice" which

I'd be very surprised if you came across an algorithm that included only whole turns, more than likely either the algorithm was written wrong or you didn't preserve the case. Especially since it doesn't do anything useful to the cube.

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also it helps if you type the cube notation in capital letters as it should be for all the letters except like s or w or if its a double layer turn.
An how did Johannes' link not help? The first site on the google search had all the notation you were asking for... but notation like that is not used very often. I don't think slice turns like that are very fingertrick friendly.

Last edited:

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
I don't know, I use what's really a Ds in my Z-perm. I notate it as a U' D, but execute it as a Ds. In the same alg I end up doing a U D, which I execute as a Da, my fingers just happen to be right there and it's completely finger friendly. (All that's precluded by the assumption that I've really understood the Ds and Da correctly). :)