• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Permute: A twisty game for 2 players

dudefaceguy

One of my other hobbies is board game design. A fellow designer Eric Silverman has just created a game inspired by cubing, which you can play in a browser here https://mindsports.nl/index.php/dagaz/1076-permute-ai

pic5692303.png

Mindsports is generally mobile friendly, but in this case you need a mouse wheel to control the direction of twisting.

To register and challenge me to a game, go here and click on register https://mindsports.nl/index.php/players-section

Screenshot_20201003-073945.png

While you're there, you can check out my game, Las Médulas https://mindsports.nl/index.php/dagaz/1071-las-medulas

thorsilver

Thanks for shouting out my game, I appreciate it! :) I hope some cubers here will give it a go, I tried to capture some of the feel of cubing in this one.

I've made a few YouTube vids about it today, which are extremely low-budget but hopefully can help those of you who might be new to these kinds of games:

Quick intro to Permute

Longer intro to Permute with a sample game against the AI

Introducing two games that helped me create Permute: Catchup and Slyde

Hope some of you might give it a try! If you do I'd love to hear what you thought of it :)

Last edited:

dudefaceguy

Thanks for shouting out my game, I appreciate it! :) I hope some cubers here will give it a go, I tried to capture some of the feel of cubing in this one.

I've made a few YouTube vids about it today, which are extremely low-budget but hopefully can help those of you who might be new to these kinds of games:

Quick intro to Permute

Hope some of you might give it a try! If you do I'd love to hear what you thought of it :)
I can learn from your approach to videos. Looking forward to watching them!

thorsilver

In case anyone's curious how this game came about, here's a blog post about the inspiration behind it and how the design came together.

I'm working on a follow-up to Permute now; not a replacement, more of a spin-off :) With a bit of luck it'll be even more reminiscent of the cubing experience.

Ravagerous

Quick intro to Permute

It looks hard for me to learn but I'll give it a go and learn it from your links one of these days. :)