• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Optimal algos for Heise simulator?

F

FU

I was wondering if there was a collated list of optimal algos (QTM) for the Heise simulator. Anyone?

Well, they are in AQTM (anti-slice quarter turn), rather than QTM.

Here's the fastest H-perm:

RL U2 R'L' y R'L' U2 RL

I'm not sure of any other ones, since I'm not that big on computer sims.

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yah, technically, since the fingertricks don't really mater in the sim, using the optimal algo would be the fastest because it's the shortest (as long as you can type them out). Usually you'll type out the algo faster than it can perform, because of the set tps limit.

Both are 12 key pushes. :eek:

How fast can you do it, though?

The one Johannes has works for the new hi-games one:

R L U2 R' L' F' B' U2 F B

RL = 1
U2 = 2
R'L' = 1
F'B' = 1
U2 = 2
FB = 1

So in total, this requires 8 units of the shortest time for doing turns.

Yours, however, requires:

M2 = 2
U = 1
M2 = 2
U2 = 2
M2 = 2
U = 1
M2 = 2

That's 12 units. Therefore, yours is 50% slower.

P.S.: Gouly, stfu.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, they are in AQTM (anti-slice quarter turn), rather than QTM.

Here's the fastest H-perm:

RL U2 R'L' y R'L' U2 RL

I'm not sure of any other ones, since I'm not that big on computer sims.

I actually prefer this one. I'm a slow typer and this doesn't use the ring finger too much. Though I recently switched to the MU one so it looks the same as my real cube. I'm going to switch back. Any good F and E perms? Mine kinda sucks.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My F, E, and R. I do not like these.

what do you use for F, E, and bad R on the simulator?
show keys to press and notation.

I use kjifkkakfijbjifkjj for F

E
tkfejifdjkfdjifej

R

ijjkjjvfrfijvjkk

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks, Lucas. Your E was quite nice, I think I'll stick with mine for now and use l' more. I rarely use l and r, so they are really slow for me.
For the R perm, you mean reflect to L side? That works, I guess. Reflect across LR is always easier for me to understand than reflect across FB. Mine was a variation of reflect across FB. The F is not too slow anymore, but I still don't like it. It is too long and too many rotations. I want to change it for my real solving too.
Z:
rjiflijlifkll
or
bifkjsksfkjill

same alg, can't decide whether to do X or X' before excution. X' would be the same as the one I use for OH.
X I think would be faster, but I don't use it anymore.
I tried the MU one for a while, but I really cannot do it. I only use that for real cube solving.
I really hate how for some algs that do the same thing, I use one for simulator, one for OH, and one for 2H.