• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nintendo Discussion Thread

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My friends are gonna give me $75 for my birthday. But if my mom is willing to pay for the Switch (shoot, still almost called it the NX), Imma put that money towards Pokken Tournament and a VC game or two.

It's like back when the Wii U was announced and I couldn't stop calling it Project Cafe. Except this time both NX and Switch are actually good names. :p

Also, some pretty good friends ya got there, lol.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's like back when the Wii U was announced and I couldn't stop calling it Project Cafe. Except this time both NX and Switch are actually good names. :p

Also, some pretty good friends ya got there, lol.
Thanks. Guess that's just a symptom of following the hype. When the official name is revealed, you don't get used to it right away.

EDIT: Okay, so my mom just said I can save up my money for the Switch to buy it when it launches. So. Anyone want to buy Splatoon from me?

Last edited:

JaredRB9000

With patches and stuff, they could change sm4sh, add DLC and stuff so smash 5 probably won't be a thing.
They better not cause we already have Sm4sh and all the DLC, and besides, they've made a Smash game for every system since the N64, and it would be kinda dumb, cause if we really wanted to add stuff to Sm4sh, we can just mod it, It's not a hard process anyway. Either way the Switch will be mine. ALL MINE!!!

Umm Roux?

They better not cause we already have Sm4sh and all the DLC, and besides, they've made a Smash game for every system since the N64, and it would be kinda dumb, cause if we really wanted to add stuff to Sm4sh, we can just mod it, It's not a hard process anyway. Either way the Switch will be mine. ALL MINE!!!
It's pretty hard to make a smash 5 because it would need to be a different game. Ifnthey make a game similar to sm4sh or Melee, it would be the same and nobody would buy it. It's pretty hard to come up with a gameplay. Also... Project Switch? The most balanced Sm4sh game?

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's pretty hard to make a smash 5 because it would need to be a different game. Ifnthey make a game similar to sm4sh or Melee, it would be the same and nobody would buy it. It's pretty hard to come up with a gameplay. Also... Project Switch? The most balanced Sm4sh game?
I think maybe if they sped up Sm4sh a bit, added a few more techniques (mayhaps reintroduce some that Melee had), released more characters, and continued to patch the game, I think we could be on to a bit of something.

JaredRB9000

I think maybe if they sped up Sm4sh a bit, added a few more techniques (mayhaps reintroduce some that Melee had), released more characters, and continued to patch the game, I think we could be on to a bit of something.
Sm4.5sh

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know it wasn't in the tra... Iiii mean presentation, but I think Reggie accidentally revealed that some form of Smash is coming to the Switch in an interview.

I'd imagine it will.

I'm pretty dang hyped for the Switch. Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild look awesome. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seems like Nintendo trying to just phone something in, tbh. If there were new tracks, I'd be hyped, but I really couldn't care less about battling.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd imagine it will.

I'm pretty dang hyped for the Switch. Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild look awesome. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seems like Nintendo trying to just phone something in, tbh. If there were new tracks, I'd be hyped, but I really couldn't care less about battling.
I was in my school's cafeteria one day when a kid in the grade below me asked whether Mario Kart is about racing or battling. It baffles me that they all thought battle mode was the way to go. Especially if they were referring to Mario Kart 8.
Honestly, I'm just going to wait until we get a release date for Smash. Who knows, maybe they'll buff my boy Toon Link.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread hasn't been posted on since the Switch came out! How many of you guys have one now? I've been playing a ton of Breath of the Wild recently, but I'll refrain from any spoilers (even though I'm only about a third of the way through the game, lol).

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Holy crud, it's been a while, huh? Well, I don't have a Switch yet. I'm waiting for Smash to be announced for it. That's how I spend a lot of my time on my Wii U, so.

I'm a Mario main with a Luigi and Cloud secondary. We should play sometime. :]

JaredRB9000

This thread hasn't been posted on since the Switch came out! How many of you guys have one now? I've been playing a ton of Breath of the Wild recently, but I'll refrain from any spoilers (even though I'm only about a third of the way through the game, lol).

I actually got mine 3 days ago (it was supposed to come between 8/14-8/21) so I'm feeling pretty lucky from that. Got splatoon 2 with it and thats really fun. Definitely excited for Kirby for the switch tho, cause I like kirby.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well this thread is dead.

So hi I'm Matt, the deadest user on the forums. Anyone else got a Switch? I got one for Christmas along with Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Planning to go to Target tomorrow to possibly buy another game. So if you have a Switch... uhhh share your friend code here or something I guess.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Hello. I’m bumping a 3 year old thread because I want to see if there is anyone who plays SSBU on the switch. Is there anyone who still plays on it?