• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nintendo Discussion Thread

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been unable to find a thread like this after a quick search, but if it already exists, hopefully a mod moves this there.

Anyway, I've noticed that a LOT of cubers seem to be Nintendo fans. This thread pretty much exists to discuss Nintendo games, news, and anything else you might have to say regarding the company. I'll introduce myself by saying that I've been a fan of Nintendo for over 7 years. My favorite game series is Mario, although within the past year or two, I've gotten really into Zelda (I'm currently playing through Ocarina of Time 3D, Link's Awakening DX, and Link Between Worlds). Kirby's pretty awesome too. Other than the games I've already mentioned, lately I've been playing a lot of Super Mario Maker and Mario Kart 8. My favorite games of all time include Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, and TLoZ: The Wind Waker HD.

So, with that out of the way, feel free to continue with any discussions or introductions! :)

Thatoneguy2

WCA
2015CHIP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I play a lot of Nintendo games as well, lately I've been playing Super Mario Maker. It's surprisingly fun to create levels and see others that are really creative. Also the recent addition of super expert 100 man is pretty fun as well(assuming you don't get crazy kaizo or troll levels, there really are to many troll levels ._.). Unfortunately my brother took all the other Wii U games when he moved out, so I no longer have SSB4 and Mario Kart 8. :(

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been a Nintendo fan for about 7 years as well. The first Nintendo games I played were Wii Sports and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. My favorite franchise has become the Mario series because, dang, the guy does everything. Saving damsels in distress, playing every sport in existence, racing, fighting (top tier in Smash 4, woot woooot!), and so much more. But like DG, I am looking into trying other franchises, such as Zelda, Kirby, and Star Fox.

Lately, I've been playing Smash Bros, Super Mario Maker, and Mario Kart 8.

Someone should make a Mario Kart 8 tournament for Speedsolving members, that'd be awesome.

Last edited:

Thatoneguy2

WCA
2015CHIP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd like to play your guys levels if you feel like posting the bookmark link to them. :)

And it's pretty crazy that Wii Sports came out in 2006, 10 years ago. Seems like such a long time ago..

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/MegaMario123?type=posted

There are mine! A speedsolving Mario Kart tournament would be really cool, although I think this thread should get off the ground a little more first.

As far as Miitomo, I haven't looked into it that much. I might eventually, but I'm not really all that into mobile games.

Yeah, I haven't learned much about Miitomo either. I might give it a look when it comes out this month.

As for Mario Kart, you're making sense. We should wait a bit.

I will beat The Absolute Worst, eventually.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will beat The Absolute Worst, eventually.

Lol, there's a bit of a backstory behind that level. Daniel Karnaukh makes evilly difficult (but pretty decent) Mario Maker levels, so I wanted to make him feel bad that he can't beat one of mine. Hence, that awful excuse of a level. Y'know, I actually don't think he's played it yet. I'll have to bring it up to him. :p

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol, there's a bit of a backstory behind that level. Daniel Karnaukh makes evilly difficult (but pretty decent) Mario Maker levels, so I wanted to make him feel bad that he can't beat one of mine. Hence, that awful excuse of a level. Y'know, I actually don't think he's played it yet. I'll have to bring it up to him. :p

Say, do you by any chance know his Nintendo Network ID? If so, punch it into the bookmark site. I want to try some of his levels over spring break.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Say, DG, perhaps at the end of one of your videos, you could say, "Hey, Nintendo fans! I've started a Nintendo discussion thread over on the Speedsolving forum. If you have Mario Kart 8, we can start a tournament if the thread gains enough steam!"

Or something like that.

Maybe we can exchange Nintendo Network ID's (as Miiverse bans such a thing), and friend each other, and we can do friend rooms sometimes.

Because I'm not sure how many people will want to do tourneys.

Thatoneguy2

WCA
2015CHIP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I played some of your guys levels, some of them were pretty fun, others were just annoying (looking at you, The Absolute Worst :p).

The main problem that I have with some of the levels is the randomness from bowser fireballs. Sometimes it makes the sections of the level impossible to avoid them, which is clearly unfair. Also I prefer levels where you can learn from where you died before so you can do better the next time, and the fireballs kinda ruin that.

And my levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/thatoneguy2022

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will challenge anyone to Mario Kart 7 or 8.

On a similar note, if anyone has Mario Maker I have about 30 levels out. Some puzzles, some weird, some songs. Enjoy. Here is the first link and you can find the rest through there

The Dark World

(CFEF-0000-00D8-A42D)

[EDIT] I didn't know this was up yet. So you can check more out here on my profile. Make sure to star the courses! I'm already up to 350!
WVW69ii6SPMp4KEXg5

Last edited:

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel

On a similar note, if anyone has Mario Maker I have about 30 levels out. Some puzzles, some weird, some songs. Enjoy. Here is the first link and you can find the rest through there

The Dark World

(CFEF-0000-00D8-A42D)

[EDIT] I didn't know this was up yet. So you can check more out here on my profile. Make sure to star the courses! I'm already up to 350!
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69ii6SPMp4KEXg5

You're on! But I'm not home right now. I have a Mathcounts competition tomorrow, so we headed up to Troy this afternoon.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

The Dark World

(CFEF-0000-00D8-A42D)

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69ii6SPMp4KEXg5

I had no idea you were into Nintendo games! As far as Mario Kart 8 goes, it sounds like we'll have to have a tournament sometime soon. :p

Holy cow, my two of my favorite hobbies, except you aren't talking about Zelda as much.

I have a feeling when Zelda U comes out, we'll be talking about it quite a bit. ;)