• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New YJ 2x2! YJ YuPo!

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
And the LingPo is really locky to begin with

exactly. why doesnt moyu/yj realize that the stupid centres make it locky and uneven? also, instead of cutting back on the amount of plastic by making the florian holes bigger and the internal edges smaller, they do the exact opposite and make it almost square and make the edges bigger. I dont want to make any conclusions from just images, but I think this will perfom like a super locky aurora 2x2.

edit: I dont think moyu will ever beat the current dayan 2x2 unless they ditch their weird corner locking mech. Best bet imo for a new dominant 2x2 is either qiyi or yuxin if either of them decide to make one.

Last edited:

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
exactly. why doesnt moyu/yj realize that the stupid centres make it locky and uneven? also, instead of cutting back on the amount of plastic by making the florian holes bigger and the internal edges smaller, they do the exact opposite and make it almost square and make the edges bigger. I dont want to make any conclusions from just images, but I think this will perfom like a super locky aurora 2x2.

edit: I dont think moyu will ever beat the current dayan 2x2 unless they ditch their weird corner locking mech. Best bet imo for a new dominant 2x2 is either qiyi or yuxin if either of them decide to make one.

I coulda swore I saw someone make a post about the Yuxin 2x2 on CF a few days ago. You may just get your wish.

Qiyi has made a 2x2 that's just a worse Wittwo: http://thecubicle.us/qiyi-p-1243.html
Yuxin has announced their 2x2: https://www.reddit.com/r/Cubers/comments/3n7h3x/yuxin_2x2_incoming/

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
New bundle idea: Yuxin 2x2 + Yuxin 3x3 + Yuxin 4x4 = Yuxin Beginner Bundle

The Qiyi 2x2 isn't that bad. The only problem is that the caps fall off if you turn too fast.

I wouldn't call it a "beginner bundle" because the 3x3 and 4x4 are some the best out there. I guess you could call it that though since they're all relatively cheap cubes...

I don't want a 2x2 that's not "that bad". I WANT THE DAYAN KILLER!!!!!!!

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that the YuPo will compete with cubes such as the Cyclone Boys and YuXin 2x2's. That seems to be the trend with YJ and MoYu. YJ cubes are aimed towards beginners, while the MoYu cubes are for more experienced cubers.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
bump
does anyone fast have the yupo? I (think I) tried one recently and its actually quite good. It isn't scratchy/papery like the tangpo. Its very smooth and actually quite fast and fluid. It moves almost as well as my dayan. Most of the reviews on youtube are bad, but i think there were a bunch of defective cubes made early on. This unboxing by lazermonkey is similar to my impressions of it.