• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Wave of Necroposting

NmeCuber

WCA
2022ETHR01
Do you think that people bumping threads from like 2006 just to get the "record" is ok? Can it be taken as a joke, or are people overdoing it? People don't really have something helpful or interesting to say most of the time. Should moderators take action, and possibly give infraction points to necroposters?

• Haha
Reactions: hyn

Thom S.

Other forums archive all threads with no replies after a certain time.
So something like multiple popups wouldn't be all too much too ask.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I think someone suggested that moderators PM unofficial warnings

(I’m the one who said that)

I’d be fine with either unofficial warnings or assigning an official infraction point for it, as long as something not too harsh (like an instant ban) is done. I also think it should be left to staff discretion to if a necropost helps revive/continue the conversation in a useful way or is useless and therefore against the rules. Trying to write hard fast rules is impossible to do fairly and will likely result in over-harsh punishments, whereas given the limited and faithful staff team I think it’s ok to give them the power of discretion (even if one or two more were to be added)