• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New ShengShou and MoYu Skewbs! Are you getting one? Both? Will LighTake have a sale?

earth2dan

YouTube
Visit Channel
As you probably know; Both MoYu and ShengShou have launched new Skewbs. I'm really looking forward to trying them out, especially the MoYu Skewb. MoYu has been hitting a lot of homeruns lately!

This could be a good place to discuss thoughts and opinions on these new entries to the skewb family, and how they stand up to existing skewbs like the LanLan Skewb.

Will you be getting one? Both? And where will you be getting it from? I buy most of my cubes from LighTake.com, they usually have sales when anticipated new cubes like these come out. Hopefully LighTake.com will have a sale on these new skewbs as well :)

Is there anyone lucky enough to already have one these skewbs that can share an opinion? Do you have any other skewbs? how do they compare?

Happy Skewbing!

Not that fussed by skewb. I have a lan lan, and it's OK, so won't upgrade. Unless there's a stickerless version at some point, in which case I'm all over it. Had a look at the pieces for both of these though, and neither looks to have the ability to be made stickerless at the moment. Roll on V2.

earth2dan

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just ordered one from LighTake. I probably should have waited for a sale but my LL sucks and I'm sick of waiting. I'll post a video here in when I get it.
Cool. Looking forward to your video.

Shengshou without balls is better than modded lanlan. I'm rounding the shengshou later. I have a Moyu coming soon, I will let you know then.
Hmm. I have an unmodded LanLan, so that's encouraging :)

Wilhelm

WCA
2010KILD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
SS Skewb feels great. I broke my PB's with it several times and I'm happy with it. I have it pretty loose tensioned so it can pop. I think they should've made the torpedos bigger but apart from that I only can recommend it to everybody