• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New CLL/EG-1 AUF Recognition System

Imsoosm

Recently there are a lot of people asking how to improve their recognition for CLL. Recognizing AUF is a huge part of the EG method as it enables the cuber to one-look, thus solving faster. In this method, instead of looking at the stickers of the CLL and comparing them to bottom layer stickers and memorizing each 4 AUFs, you only need to look at a sticker at a certain part of the algorithm. This recognition system also works with EG-1.

Step 1: Make a layer/face.
Step 2: Recognize and start turning the CLL/EG-1 algorithm.
Step 3: At a certain part of the algorithm, look at one sticker, and you'll be able to determine the AUF. I'll give some examples for CLL below.

1664292598912.png
For this case, the algorithm to solve it is F R' F' R U2 R U2 R'. (yellow top green front)
You can start doing the alg as soon as you recognize the case, and after you finish F R' F' R U2 look at the R side of the UBR corner piece. If that sticker is orange, then it will have no AUF. If that sticker is blue, it will have a U as AUF. It's pretty instantaneous because you should be already pretty familiar with the color scheme.

1664294551978.png
For this case, I use this algorithm: R U' R2 F R F' R U R' U' R U R'.
Again, start doing the algorithm as soon as you recognize the case. Finish doing R U' R2 F R F' R U R' U'. Now look at the R side of the UBR piece. If the sticker is orange there will be no AUF. Same goes for other colors.

Different cases use different stickers for recognition. What's good about this method is that it doesn't slow you down a lot and can be as fast as memorizing the AUF with enough practice. This method erases the need to memorize every AUF for 42 CLLs, instead focusing on one corner piece for every algorithm. Also, while doing the alg, you only have to focus on the piece that determines the AUF. When I have time I might compile up a file with all the CLLs and which piece you should use to determine the AUF. Until then, happy cubing!

Quack!

Last edited:

Cubing_Marmot

Recently there are a lot of people asking how to improve their recognition for CLL. Recognizing AUF is a huge part of the EG method as it enables the cuber to one-look, thus solving faster. In this method, instead of looking at the stickers of the CLL and comparing them to bottom layer stickers and memorizing each 4 AUFs, you only need to look at a sticker at a certain part of the algorithm. This recognition system also works with EG-1.

Step 1: Make a layer/face.
Step 2: Recognize and start turning the CLL/EG-1 algorithm.
Step 3: At a certain part of the algorithm, look at one sticker, and you'll be able to determine the AUF. I'll give some examples for CLL below.

View attachment 20825
For this case, the algorithm to solve it is F R' F' R U2 R U2 R'. (yellow top green front)
You can start doing the alg as soon as you recognize the case, and after you finish F R' F' R U2 look at the R side of the UBR corner piece. If that sticker is orange, then it will have no AUF. If that sticker is blue, it will have a U as AUF. It's pretty instantaneous because you should be already pretty familiar with the color scheme.

View attachment 20826
For this case, I use this algorithm: R U' R2 F R F' R U R' U' R U R'.
Again, start doing the algorithm as soon as you recognize the case. Finish doing R U' R2 F R F' R U R' U'. Now look at the R side of the UBR piece. If the sticker is orange there will be no AUF. Same goes for other colors.

Different cases use different stickers for recognition. What's good about this method is that it doesn't slow you down a lot and can be as fast as memorizing the AUF with enough practice. This method erases the need to memorize every AUF for 42 CLLs, instead focusing on one corner piece for every algorithm. Also, while doing the alg, you only have to focus on the piece that determines the AUF. When I have time I might compile up a file with all the CLLs and which piece you should use to determine the AUF. Until then, happy cubing!

Quack!
Thank you!