• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My WitTwo 2x2 is not working properly

RaresB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BOST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://youtu.be/D5BGOl841Qw

Im not sure how to embed but that is a link to a video in which i attempt to show what is wrong. Basically the core sort of misaligns i guess you can say like a maru 4x4 and i cant turn a side at all. It happens all the time not just somtimes. Instead of seeing the head of the screw through the holes inbetween the corner pieces i see the edges. Im not exactly sure why this is i tried everything for using a new core to leaving it alone for a few days.

Any help is appreciated thanks

NeedReality

WCA
2010MARK03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Something very similar happened to me when I first got my WitTwo. Disassemble it and you should notice that some of the "edges" are slightly different than the others, in that they have extra ridges I suppose you could say. Use these all on one corner when reassembling, do not distribute them throughout the puzzle. They will hold the corner in place so that it doesn't misalign.

RaresB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BOST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Something very similar happened to me when I first got my WitTwo. Disassemble it and you should notice that some of the "edges" are slightly different than the others, in that they have extra ridges I suppose you could say. Use these all on one corner when reassembling, do not distribute them throughout the puzzle. They will hold the corner in place so that it doesn't misalign.

Thank you sir i have taken your valuable advice into consideration as i am currently disassembling my cube (wow the style which i wrote that in makes me feel .... ehh i dont know how to say it)

RaresB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BOST01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Do you mean edges as in those rectangular pieces and where can I see the extra ridges like on what part of the piece, also when I got the cube it sucked but it worked then I opened it up and lubes it could I have done something. Open up as in screws and all

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
Disassemble it and find the 3 different edges: Between the piece itself and the 'stick' that prevents it from popping, is an extra bar that prevents it from moving at all. You can also notice some 'gaps' in the center pieces. Those are meant for locking up the 3 edges.
Those 3 edges should be place around one corners, so that corner cannot move relatively to the core
Assemble those 3 edges + one corner first, and check that they cannot move. If they do, you should tighten your cube.

My cube also locks up this way once in a while, the only way to repair it is disassembling :)

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
MY Wittwo came with six edges with ridges, not 3, I will eventually find the correct positioning of those six edges, but right now I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or it just pops because it's too loose.

I'm trying to let one of each oposite centers move freely, which should work.

Anyone has a magic recipe?

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I found what it was, when I assembled the edges I mixed one side with a ridge with a normal one, hence I got 6 normal edges and six half ridged. I reeassembled them to have 3 fully ridged and 9 normal edges, then used the 3 ridged edges on the same corner and voila!

Hope that's also your case bgdgyfer

That is exactly the way to solve it.

I got mine with one ridge piece too many. So I had 3 full ridged edges and 8.5 normal edges, and one half with a ridge where it shouldn't have been ridged.

Fixed that easily by cutting the ridge off :)

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me. I'm extremely new to cubing, so if this is a stupid question, pleases feel free to berate me. I did a search, but couldn't quite find the answer I need.

My WitTwo 2x2 arrived yesterday. I have a similar problem to the OP, in that the cube is "wonky" in its natural state. Like this:

8689123111_401c9d07b1.jpg

Obviously I can square it up, but after each turn it's wonky again. I dismantled it and ensured the three ridged edge pieces were in the same corner, but it hasn't improved it. I tried adjusting the tension, both tighter and looser too and lubed it. I have no other cubes to compare it to, since I've only been cubing two weeks.

My question: is this normal or do I need to do something to it?

Many apologies for the stupid question and thank you for any insight you might have,
HG :)

Attachments

• 8689095819_a98d0114f3.jpg
    8689095819_a98d0114f3.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 5

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys,

I hope you can help me. I'm extremely new to cubing, so if this is a stupid question, pleases feel free to berate me. I did a search, but couldn't quite find the answer I need.

My WitTwo 2x2 arrived yesterday. I have a similar problem to the OP, in that the cube is "wonky" in its natural state. Like this:

8689123111_401c9d07b1.jpg

Obviously I can square it up, but after each turn it's wonky again. I dismantled it and ensured the three ridged edge pieces were in the same corner, but it hasn't improved it. I tried adjusting the tension, both tighter and looser too and lubed it. I have no other cubes to compare it to, since I've only been cubing two weeks.

My question: is this normal or do I need to do something to it?

Many apologies for the stupid question and thank you for any insight you might have,
HG :)

My guess: Your tensions are uneven

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey thanks for the rapid response. Is there a trick to this, or is it just counting the number of screw-turns on each side?

I'd say tighten all the screws as far as you can (but don't damage the core, so don't use force). Then you should loosen every side an equal amount until you like it. Don't take my word for it though. I never did it. I think you should wait for someone elses answer aswell, since I'm not too experienced at this stuff either.

I'd say tighten all the screws as far as you can (but don't damage the core, so don't use force). Then you should loosen every side an equal amount until you like it. Don't take my word for it though. I never did it. I think you should wait for someone elses answer aswell, since I'm not too experienced at this stuff either.

You can solve it indeed by tightening first, then tensioning by checking corner cutting which should be the same on all sides. :)

Hey thanks to both of you. I used both suggestions. Firstly tightening all six screws all the way up, then undoing them the same number of turns, and checking the corner-cutting. Then I gently pulled the opposite sides apart, and checked the distance between the edges just over where the screw is visible.

Overall, it's much better and I wanted to say thanks for the help :D