• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Music City Speedsolving 2015 - September 12, 2015

Aussie

WCA
2014GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello Speedsolving community! Evan Liu and I, Aussie Greene, are ecstatic to announce our competition, Music City Speedsolving 2015!

This is the first Tennessee competition since 2006 - nearly a decade!

Date:
Saturday, September 12, 2015.

Confirmed Events:
2x2 Speedsolve - 2 rounds.
3x3 Speedsolve - 3 rounds.
4x4 Speedsolve
6x6 Speedsolve
3x3 Blindfolded
Skewb

Tentative Events:
6x6 Round 2
Pyraminx
7x7 Speedsolve

CubingUSA: www.cubingusa.com/musiccity2015
WCA: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=MusicCity2015

3710 Franklin Pike
Nashville, TN 37204

There is a flat fee of $15 per competitor. There is a preliminary limit of 60 competitors, but we may eventually decide to increase the limit. We will not decrease the limit. You must pay online by the registration deadline, 11:59pm on September 8.

Aussie

WCA
2014GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why no 5x5?

We wanted to have the most basic events in the competition, aka 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 & 3BLD. We only added 6x6 because we both really love that event. It's not that we're apposed against having 5x5, it just didn't really seem like an event to consider. We are considering adding it as a tentative event if a good amount of people want it, though.

Last edited:

Aussie

WCA
2014GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great to see cubing come back to Tennessee! It's a bad weekend for me, but I'd love to visit Nashville again if you hold one in the spring. Nashville is one of my favorite places in the country.

Yeah, it really is a nice place! I'd love to hold another one in spring, but Evan is going to be in the UK until September of next year starting a few days after this competition, so I'd need to find another delegate and I don't know how hard that would be.

WCA
2013BARK01
Tentative Events:
6x6 Round 2

I bet you would be really mad if you decided to hold that and didn't end up making the cut lol

I might be coming, it's less than 5 hours away, which is decent. I'll have to check with my parents.

BTW there really should be 2x2 finals, like seriously top 10 2x2 solvers could probably finish in under 10 minutes. Around 3.5 seconds to scramble and check, 10 seconds to get to the station, 10 seconds inspection on average, 4.5 seconds each solve, 7 seconds to write down the times and initial, and 5 seconds to get back to the scramblers, and maybe 10 seconds sitting there before getting re-scrambled, that is 3.5+10+10+4.5+7+5+10=50 seconds for each solve, even with only 5 stations, the 5 stations cancel with 5 solves per competitor, and then there are 10 competitors, that is 500 seconds (50*10) which is 8:20 minutes. And yeah I know from experience, the time I was in 2x2 finals. It went by really fast.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, it really is a nice place! I'd love to hold another one in spring, but Evan is going to be in the UK until September of next year starting a few days after this competition, so I'd need to find another delegate and I don't know how hard that would be.

Well, you're talking to one.

If all goes well here from what Evan says and you have a venue again in the spring, we may be able to work something out.

Aussie

WCA
2014GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, you're talking to one.

If all goes well here from what Evan says and you have a venue again in the spring, we may be able to work something out.

Oh, I didn't realize that, haha! The venue is great. The space is decently large and we can get it for free. Yeah, if this goes well, I'd love to organize a competition with you. :)

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Too bad there's another competition closer to me the same day, or else I'd go for the 6x6 and try and make up for Nationals :p

Good luck on this! With a good events list(and a date not in the school year) other TN comps might be an interesting road trip for the MD crew.

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Oh, I didn't realize that, haha! The venue is great. The space is decently large and we can get it for free. Yeah, if this goes well, I'd love to organize a competition with you. :)

Sigh.
I'll have to get Kit then.
Yes, I'm trying to organize a competition... if I can.