• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mod to fix SS 7x7 lock ups?

Evan Wright

WCA
2012WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
After I replaced my ss 7x7 springs with 6x6 springs, it has been having this weird lock up. Some center pieces seem to be catching internally. I was wondering if there is a mod that could fix this issue. It seems fairly straightforward, since it appears to be one piece catching on one other piece, but I can't figure out where it is catching. Does anyone have advice?

EDIT: I figured out the mod to fix this lock up and i will have pictures and maybe video as soon as i can.

Last edited:

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As far as I know the stock springs for the 6x6 and 7x7 are the same, why did you switch them? I had a similar problem with one of my cubes, one of the centres was screwed in crooked which made it very scratchy. Make sure they are all in straight, that's the only thing I can think of.