• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mobile Cube Scrambler

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I dont know if the random generator in the j2me are biased more than that of the j2se. Let's just hope that you are getting faster ;-)

The next thing i'm working on will be scramble views. The name of the program is Mobile Cube Scrambler, not timer; but let's see what happens :)

Raffael

WCA
2007ORTR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
question to any windows mobile based ppc users out there:

does anyone know a better timer program than "spb time"?

looking especially for one with a bigger start/stop button

edavies

Wahey for the GPL

I've been looking at the mobile cube scrambler code for a bit now, and have used it in creating my own mobile app. This is my first ever java creation let alone mobile, so it's not pretty. Most of it is half functional, (eg. the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 menu items cause an error if selected) and only tested on a nokia 6300. I'd really appreciate some feedback. The app is developed in netbeans, which is amazing for midp development, with useful visual features for first-timers.

Features:
- Scramble generators from jnetcube
- A timer that can take multiple timings (accept and reject implemented, not fancy pop, dnf stuff)
- A PLL trainer inspired by badmephisto's - it flashes a pll at you and lets you time your response. Far less good that badmephisto's (for now...)

To the authors of mobile cube scrambler, jnetcube and rubiksjtimer:
I've tried to properly credit and copyright the sources, but if you feel hard done by don't hesitate to tell me and I'll change the code.

How easy is it to get on google code or sourceforge? I can't upload the sources, they're too big. e-mail me if you really want the source.

Attachments

• cubem.zip
    57.7 KB · Views: 59

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i got the app... i have a 6300 too, so i cant shed any light on compatibility elsewhere. the actual timer works fine (and obviously the scrambler), although dont press stop if u havent started the timer, cos that crashes it. I like the PLL trainer a lot, and its pretty nicely implemented. eventually averages, and use of all the options would be great... perhaps adding a time attack function to the PLL trainer?

edavies

I'm double posting on a dead thread. I've dug my grave already.

I've had a few PMs with feature requests for cubem so I'm notifying you guys of a new version. Hopefully you'll enjoy it. If it crashes post a report with the cirsumstances and I'll see if I can get a fix going. Just so you know, selecting pop or DNF doesn't work after a time. Just accept or reject it.

The zip download is here and contains the jad and the jar files. Copy them to your phone so that they are in the same directory. I think. If someone knows lots web deployment of midp suites, I'd be glad to hear about how to get a download link to the mobile web; it would surely increase my user base.

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If someone knows lots web deployment of midp suites, I'd be glad to hear about how to get a download link to the mobile web; it would surely increase my user base.

First off, thank you for using some of my code. It just makes me want to do more of this open source stuff.

What do you mean by "the mobile web"? All phones these days come with a builtin web browser, so for download you only need to put the .jad file on a server and let it respond with a mime type for .jad files: "text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor"

edavies

Thankyou for writing the code in the first place :) I love open source

Right. The world wide web will do then. Now all I need is a webserver.... I wonder if google code will let me set up a nice 'mobile friendly' page and fiddle with the mimetypes. My guess it that it's too much to ask.

cookingfat

WCA
2009HARP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Doesn't work on my LG Viewty (KU990)

It lets me download and tries to install giving me a warning that the file is untrusted. I continue anyway and I get error message - Invalid descriptor. (null)

thanks anyway.

edavies

Doesn't work on my LG Viewty (KU990)

It lets me download and tries to install giving me a warning that the file is untrusted. I continue anyway and I get error message - Invalid descriptor. (null)

thanks anyway.

I'm sorry about that. I only have a nokia 6300 to test it on :-( Try opening the .jad in notepad and changing the version number from something like 0.0.1 to something simpler like 0.1 that might do it. I'm working on getting the thing signed so its not untrusted, and fixing the whole descriptor thing.

bonhomme

Works on my LGKF700.

In scramble view, I've got to clic "options" and "ok" if I want the timer view. Is it a bug ? Is it the normal way ?

edavies

Works on my LGKF700.

In scramble view, I've got to clic "options" and "ok" if I want the timer view. Is it a bug ? Is it the normal way ?

That depends. The phone actually chooses where to put the commands. On my nokia it just has ok. I'll see what I can do.

In other news:

New version here as usual. v0.2 has:
- a better avg calculator, if you've done 2 solves it takes the mean, for more it ignores best/worst like and 'average of 5' or '10 from 12'
- Times are now in mm:ss.hh format rather than hours, minutes... etc with milliseconds also.
- After recording a time you can now select both DNF and +2 and this will be recorded.
- If you want to add a time then type mm:ss.hh or sss.hh, or even dnf. See examples below:
4:45.11 (4 mins 45 seconds 11 hundreths)
133.56 (133.56 seconds = 2 mins 13 seconds and 56 hundreths)
Dnf (timer records DNF)

edavies

Thank you for your work. The new version has solved my problem with commands.

That's very interesting, as I didn't see your message until after publishing the latest version. I just removed the exit command from the scramble view to be less ambiguous. I'm glad it worked :)

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've just uploaded my first attempt at a scrambler for 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 and some minor fixes for the clock and megaminx scrambler. The last one still looks strange on my new Sony Ericsson G900, that phone sucks.

Please let me know if the new stuff works. Enjoy!

lorki3

WCA
2009ENGE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know that this thread is old but I just ask my question.
I'm trying to download cube scrambler on my LG shine, but when I press install it says it does'nt reconise the file.
Can anyone help me?

Greetings Lorki3

Wii

Works on E52. There should be a timer in the app aswell.

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've lost interest in this so I will not maintain this anymore, sorry 'bout that. It's because I switched to iPhone and are now using Dan's great app.

When I google "LG Shine java" there is a lot of hits for people with problems using java. The only thing I can think of is trying to download both the .jad and the .jar file and transfer them to the phone.