• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Micah Stairs (New Brunswick, Canada)

WCA
2011STAI01
Hello! My name is Micah Stairs and I reside in New Brunswick. I am 16 years old and I got my first cube on December 25, 2010. Since then, I have been actively cubing. When that cube broke in April I got a white DIY type A from Rubik's.com. Now I am training for the upcoming competition in my hometown. (Cube Canada Day 2011). I've got some heavy competition so I'm trying to bring my average down to at least 18 seconds. I currently average about 24 seconds with my best time being 15.51. (About a week ago I was averaging 28). I have almost 3 weeks left to drop my average at least 6 seconds.

Here are my current records:

3x3: Best Averages:
Avg. 5: 19.10
Avg. 10: 20.22
Avg. 3 of 5: 18.70
Avg. 10 of 12: 20.41
Avg 100: 22.82

3x3 Best Single:
Non-Lucky: 16.27
Lucky (PLL skip): 15.51
Super-Lucky (LL Skip): 13.66

3x3 OH Best Single:
Non-Lucky: 1:03.36
Lucky (PLL skip): 51.16

3x3 BLD:
Fastest Memo: 4.26
Fastest Execute: 3.22
Fastest Total: 7.49

4x4 Best Single:
2:41.75

Fun Records:
2 3x3 cubes: 0:52
In mirror: 1:42.23
Without a corner: 31.44
Sub-20 Streak (3x3): 3

Last edited:

4EverCuber

WCA
2012WATA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! I'm originally from Moncton. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the competition. Perhaps next year though. You're improving a lot quicker than I am....but then again you are half my age. Been cubing for a little over a year now and my time has dropped maybe 10 secs. I fear that I won't improve all that much as my hands and brain are slowing down. I'm not giving up though and my goal is to attain sub 20 consistently. Good luck to you!

WCA
2011STAI01
Yes I should soon be Sub-20, I can't wait.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you can't make it to the competition, and best of luck to you as you try to improve your times, and yes I do have younger hands, that's definitely helping.

WCA
2011STAI01
Welcome! I'm originally from Moncton. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the competition. Perhaps next year though. You're improving a lot quicker than I am....but then again you are half my age. Been cubing for a little over a year now and my time has dropped maybe 10 secs. I fear that I won't improve all that much as my hands and brain are slowing down. I'm not giving up though and my goal is to attain sub 20 consistently. Good luck to you!

And I was just looking at one of the videos on your youtube channels. I'd say you can take a lot of time off your F2L. Go slow and track your next pair. You can turn it fast, but then you pause to find your next pair.

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
In my experience, I went from 1:10 to 25 in about 5 months, but once I hit 22, I wanted to kill myself. I was stuck at 22 for MONTHS. Finally, I was able to start averaging sub 18 pretty consistently. Now, I'm mostly getting 14 - 17, but it took months of toture to get where I am. What I'm saying is, don't be too discouraged if you get stuck before being sub 20. It takes a lot of practice and looking ahead MASTERY.