• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MegaminxSim

WCA
2008WEST02
YouTube
SimonGH3
Very nice! But it would be awesome if it could turn faster..

sweet though! :)

Lol, I really suck :p like 700 secs or something on my first try, spent like 100 sec on finding the first F2L pair :p

Last edited:
WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Robert271291
Sub-130 :) It's harder than I thought it would be... I find it hard to even find all of my first star pieces...:(

I think just because of this great sim, I will buy a megaminx in real life soon :)

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
jflysohigh
Thread starter #30
Unfortunately there is no standard notation, but it's usual to see the faces around front labeled U, R, DR, DL, L (going clockwise) and the faces around up labeled F, L, BL, BR, R (going clockwise). The other four faces are so rarely (that is, never) used in algs that nobody bothers to name them :p But yeah, D in Jaap's notation is DR in the common alg notation.
Hmmm... that's interesting. I like what you're describing a lot more than what I did, because it's so much more like the cube notation we're all so used to. How about F, U, R, L, DR, DL, BL, BR, and B, D, BLD, BRD for the missing 4 faces?
EDIT: I just made the change. Tell me if it looks good.

Incidentally, you wouldn't be open to making a heise-style gigaminx sim... would you?
I just *knew* you would ask this. Unfortunately, the code I've written wouldn't scale well at all. That's hardly a reason not reason not to do it though...

Yay 469 secs first megaminx solve ever lol :p Figured it out by myself :)
How is your first solve so damn fast? My first was over 12 minutes!

is it possible to "close" it, so it looks more like a mefferts?
I'm not exactly sure what you're describing. Are you looking for something besides the gap and cut_depth?

Last edited: