• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Megaminx 49.71 single by Bálint Bodor

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Holy crap that was an insanely awesome solve and awesome celebration :D .

Could you please describe the exact details of your megaminx, including all the modifications you have done to it? We all need your secret to an amazing minx :p

lilkdub503

WCA
2010WARR01
Holy crap sickles. And I'm here trying to break sub-3. Good lord.

Are you using MF8 tiles with Mefferts? And what method are you using?

Last edited:

rowehessler

SICK! I like your method! David told me about it. Amazing how fast you reach the "top-F2L"!

What method?

After F2L you solve 5 edge-corner-edge pairs, so that you have the 5 F2L slots under the LL-corners left. Then those 5 (very fast, because of easy look-ahead). Then 2-step OLL and 1-step PLL.

wtf, thats what i do (the f2l thing i mean). I thought everyone did that? Anyway, insane solve, this is making me want to try megaminx a little! Congrats dude. :D

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
SICK! I like your method! David told me about it. Amazing how fast you reach the "top-F2L"!

What method?

After F2L you solve 5 edge-corner-edge pairs, so that you have the 5 F2L slots under the LL-corners left. Then those 5 (very fast, because of easy look-ahead). Then 2-step OLL and 1-step PLL.

wtf, thats what i do (the f2l thing i mean). I thought everyone did that? Anyway, insane solve, this is making me want to try megaminx a little! Congrats dude. :D

I thought everyone did that too, but I get 2:30 times, so it really doesn't help.

xXzaKerXx

What method?

I thought everyone did that too, but I get 2:30 times, so it really doesn't help.

Erm, how do you do that on a minx? sorry if this question sounds dumb.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

What method?

He's just that awesome.

Lots of 1 look PLL algs

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

What method?

I'm sure after the F2L you place a single edge against the F2L and then solve the slot created by it. Then you continue around the cube until what's left is the U layer, an entire face, and all the slots around the U layer. Then you solve the remaining 2 edges and 1 corner at the "bottom" of the side face and finish by filling the last 5 slots.

Is this correct? I think I read these posts correctly.

Bogyo

WCA
2008BODO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
it's just like this, oh and ignore the LL ;)

Really? I would have thought that placing a single edge and then a pair would be much faster than placing a pair and then an edge with 8 moves.

Don't look at the algs, they are for beginers. :p

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone has a photo of me standing next to the tournament display, please send it to me, it's really important. (not because of the WCA page)

Last edited:

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Really? I would have thought that placing a single edge and then a pair would be much faster than placing a pair and then an edge with 8 moves.

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone has a photo of me standing next to the tournament display, please send it to me, it's really important. (not because of the WCA page)

So the linked page is what you do? I can't read the language anyway...

Slash

WCA
2008TROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel

So the linked page is what you do? I can't read the language anyway...

Nice language, isn't it?:D
I think he learned all the PLLs though. That page says edge permutation and corner permutation, on the previous WR video you can see that he did EO then CO.

Olivér Perge

WCA
2007PERG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pff, what an incosistant average.... :p

Seriously, you are amazing! I've heard about you doing sub-50s before, but never thought you will do it on your "first" try! Simply great! You almost raped the old WRs as hard as Balázs raped you in the celebration... :)

Thanks to Dániel for adding the event, the community for voting on average of 5, the board for accepting it and Bálint for practicing a lot.

As Stefan said for Felik's WR: this one is for the history books! ;)