• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MatsValk's G Perm's Fingertricks

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I feel the struggle. I'm trying to do more U flicks with my left hand, but they are still very awkward for me, so I avoid them in speed solves. I've been trying to work them into my algs, but I always tend to forget and just do it with my right.

Seriously, there is an R perm that desperately needs me to use a left handed double flick. And so does my 4x4 OLL parity alg. But alas, my left hand does not want to submit just yet. I will not stop trying though haha.

Parity Case

Ga: R2 U R' U R' U' R U' R2 D U' R' U R D'

For that angle, I prefer to front-end the D' and get it out of the way at the start:
D' (R2 U R' U) (R' U' R U') R2 [U' D] (R' U R)

...using left ring to push the D', and doing the [U' D] simultaneously. I find fronting the D' makes it easier to do the last section (from the second R2 onward) faster, as you it ends with the (R' U R) trigger.

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way

For your G(a) I have the same execution. However, I started doing the D' at the start at the same time I regrip my right hand. Feels better for me than leaving it at the end and also makes use of the 1/4 regrip at the start of the alg.

Also G(b) I just can't get that alg as fast as I can do R' d' F R2 u R' U R U' R u' R2

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
For your G(a) I have the same execution. However, I started doing the D' at the start at the same time I regrip my right hand. Feels better for me than leaving it at the end and also makes use of the 1/4 regrip at the start of the alg.

Also G(b) I just can't get that alg as fast as I can do R' d' F R2 u R' U R U' R u' R2

Man, how can you do that Gb that fast? Also, yeah I have heard many people do D or D' at the beginning so to get an easy AUF, but I havent tried it with D' at the start. I will try it out and then reply here.