• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Manhattan Competition? (NYC)

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been thinking about organizing a competition in Manhattan sometime in 2013 or 2014. The venue will most likely be Stuyvesant High School, the school I attend. I just wanted to see how many people are interested.

And yes, I know that competitions in the city can be quite expensive for me.

cityzach

WCA
2010GOLD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will probably be retired by then. Work out the details and then send an email to Tim and me. It would be highly advisable to do an unofficial competition first.

I feel like between Brandon, Eric, and I, we have enough experience at competitions to not have an unofficial one first.
It just seems like so much work to do an unofficial competition first, then have to do the exact same thing again.

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
I feel like between Brandon, Eric, and I, we have enough experience at competitions to not have an unofficial one first.
It just seems like so much work to do an unofficial competition first, then have to do the exact same thing again.

You each have a lot of competing experience, but none of you really help out at competitions. If you guys had been judging, scrambling, and helping out at the comps you come to, I'd be a lot more inclined to agree. But none of you have demonstrated that you have what it takes to organize and run your own competition.

WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you have specifics on what time of year you guys are considering? I have experience judging, scrambling and helping out and will come to assist if I know specifics ahead of time.