• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Manchester Open 2017 (UK) - 14-15 January

StripyCubing

Really excited for this. My first competition. Been wanting to get to one for ages but been in the wrong part of the country at just the wrong time. Can't believe how close this one is to where I live.

DTCuber

I can't go to that competition, but can you please hold 6 rounds of megaminx? Thank you!

Shaky Hands

Premium Member
WCA
2015NICH04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Question re: timings for 3BLD...

The text on the UKCA schedule page says:

Total Time: For 3×3 Blindfolded you will have 10 minutes of “attempt time” in total for your 3 attempts. So if you take 4 minutes to DNF or solve successfully, you will have 6 minutes remaining for your next two solves. If you exceed the 15 minute mark whilst solving, you will be stopped, and given a DNF result for that attempt.

I presume that the allocation is 15 minutes rather than 10 as that's what is in the full schedule rather than the text at the top of the page? Mostly asking as this may make a difference to my practice schedule if I can make it to this comp. Also, would a stopwatch therefore be used instead of a stackmat due to the 10 minute limit on the stackmat timer?

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Question re: timings for 3BLD...

The text on the UKCA schedule page says:

Total Time: For 3×3 Blindfolded you will have 10 minutes of “attempt time” in total for your 3 attempts. So if you take 4 minutes to DNF or solve successfully, you will have 6 minutes remaining for your next two solves. If you exceed the 15 minute mark whilst solving, you will be stopped, and given a DNF result for that attempt.

I presume that the allocation is 15 minutes rather than 10 as that's what is in the full schedule rather than the text at the top of the page? Mostly asking as this may make a difference to my practice schedule if I can make it to this comp. Also, would a stopwatch therefore be used instead of a stackmat due to the 10 minute limit on the stackmat timer?
It should indeed be 15 minutes, reused that text and forgot to change that first instance to 15, sorry! Yes, if you expect to go over 10 minutes then please notify the judge and a stopwatch will be used in addition to the stackmat timer.

I've just looked at the schedule, and it says there will be the first round of Skewb on Saturday, however it does not mention the Skewb finals on the schedule at all. I think someone forgot to put down the Skewb finals on the schedule.