• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Liberty Science Center Open 2012

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That awkward moment I don't practice for a year and I smash my single PB by .5+ and average by a bit.

I should have probably done a few blind practice solves. They were all extremely awkward.

Had 1:40 DNF because I switched up two sentences (I had AB CD and I executed as AD CB. Switched the ends).

rubixwiz031

WCA
2011ROTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fun comp, but I was frustrated with the judging. I had 4 judges that messed up (either not saying 8 and 12, or writing down a normal solve, and me having to point out that it was a +2, etc).
Also, I scrambled 4x4 and 3BLD, and we had ~3 judges the whole time.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was due for a bad BLD comp, but I had a sub-30 OH average nevertheless. I think OH will become my new main non-BLD event that I practice (as opposed to 4x4/5x5).

acohen527

WCA
2012COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fun comp, but I was frustrated with the judging. I had 4 judges that messed up (either not saying 8 and 12, or writing down a normal solve, and me having to point out that it was a +2, etc).
Also, I scrambled 4x4 and 3BLD, and we had ~3 judges the whole time.

3BLD was during lunch, so you shouldn't expect many people to be there to judge.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What happened?

3BLD: DNF, DNF, 46.11

4BLD:
DNF(5:11) off by two centers and a twisted corner.
DNF(5:xy) off by two centers and wings
DNF(5:4x) did my fourth to last and third to last cycles in the wrong order.

5BLD:
DNF(18:11) forgot four letters for wings, tried to fill them in but got it wrong.
DNF (14:10) on one of my last few +-center cycles I correctly remembered GR, but executed it as HR, so H and R were switched at the end. (video to come soon)

Last edited:

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3BLD: DNF, DNF, 46.11

4BLD:
DNF(5:11) off by two centers and a twisted corner.
DNF(5:xy) off by two centers and wings
DNF(5:4x) did my fourth to last and third to last Wong cycles in the wrong order.

5BLD:
DNF(18:11) forgot four letters for wings, tried to fill them in but got it wrong.
DNF (14:10) on one of my last few +-center cycles I correctly remembered GR, but executed it as HR, so H and R were switched at the end. (video to come soon)

Ahh, I see. IMO, memo seemed like the issue - twas harder for me at UKO. I felt like I had to memorize differently because I was in an 'exam' like environment. You were still close though - congrats on the 3BLD 46.11 too!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ahh, I see. IMO, memo seemed like the issue - twas harder for me at UKO. I felt like I had to memorize differently because I was in an 'exam' like environment. You were still close though - congrats on the 3BLD 46.11 too!

I was very relaxed for my 5BLDs and my last 4BLD. I count the last of each as bad luck that they were DNFs since I really memorized well on both.

A Leman

I did terribly today. My memo was garbage in competition and the more I tried to make them safety memos, the worse they got. I need to start practicing under pressure. It felt completely different than at home. With that said, I still had Alot of fun.

To sum it all up, I was really nervous at my first competition and made some mistakes. It was fun meeting everyone and I plan to come to competitions again. Next time, I plan to be much more prepared.