• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Liberty Science Center Open 2012

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
This competition has the potential to make up for Captain's Cove XD

Note: I am in no way demanding 3BLD and am already eternally grateful to have another shot at 4BLD and 5BLD.

Somebody emailed me asking me if I'd add it, I said that if they were willing to run it while I went to lunch I'd be fine with it, and then I never heard back. :x

6x6 would be awesome, even though it's out of the question.

You're right. I hate 6x6 and if it were up to me, it wouldn't even be an event. :p

le minxes?

Depends on how many people sign up. If we have a comp of 20, it would be really easy to add minxes. But the last two LSC had 74 and 69 competitors in 3x3. 2011 had over 20 day-of competitors show up. That's why I made it this year that if you don't pre-register, you can only do 3x3.

Last edited:

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since this is the last US competition with magics, I think we should give Ernie the honor of doing the last master magic solve.

I 3rd lol. I shall have the last regular magic solve.

EDIT: The WCA event page says "LSCO 2011".

I would totally run BLD while you go to lunch with a 43.46 hard cutoff.

Don't make me cry.

Last edited:

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
I LOVE YOU BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know.

Basically, anybody who already pre-registered and paid, just email me if you want to add BLD and I will add it for free. For anybody who hasn't paid, you don't get it for free. :p

A number of people signed up but did not pay. Remember that if you do not prepay, your registration will be deleted and you will have to pay the full door price, you will not get into the science center for free, and you will be limited to only the 3x3 speedsolve event.

WCA
2011MAAS01
Maybe we should have a 2nd round for the winners of master magic and magic. It would be only one person competing in them so it wouldn't take much time.

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I LOVE YOU BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3x3 BLD? I'm not complaining. I almost love 3BLD as much as I love 4x4, and I like 4x4 so much now after modding it.
There should just be another round of magics.
PLEASE.

I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT TO FINALS watch me dnf

I'm actually still not sure if I'm going to this comp, but my parents said that they could take me to every possible comp nearby to learn more about hosting.

chris410

I'll try to make it out...work/life has been extremely busy so the good news is that nobody has to worry about being slowest, I solve maybe a couple of times a week if I am lucky. I will be happy to help out at the comp as well if I am able to find time enough to venture out.