• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Less than 1 min

Mayconight

Hi, folks. I'm new here and I got some advice which helped me a lot. I used to solve 3x3 in 3 min... 2.50 min... And right now I got 1.08 min. My problem still is F2L. I get lost sometimes. Well, I won't give up and I'll continue practicing. My current goal is less than 1 min. Thanks for all, guys. One day, I'll be great as you guys are. See ya.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221106-173655_Clock.jpg
    Screenshot_20221106-173655_Clock.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 28

NONOGamer12

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, folks. I'm new here and I got some advice which helped me a lot. I used to solve 3x3 in 3 min... 2.50 min... And right now I got 1.08 min. My problem still is F2L. I get lost sometimes. Well, I won't give up and I'll continue practicing. My current goal is less than 1 min. Thanks for all, guys. One day, I'll be great as you guys are. See ya.
nice

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
dont use that timer, use cstimer.net

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't give up, keep doing more solves yo.

Mayconight

It's still hard to get under 1 min. However, I can feel my improvement. I used to solve 3x3 in 3 min or so. Now I'm closer to reaching my goal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221115-134010_Cube Timer.jpg
    Screenshot_20221115-134010_Cube Timer.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 9

Mayconight

Hi, speedcubers. I'm still posting my progress here, in the same topic, because I don't want to flood the forum with messages. however, I'd like to thank you all for sharing tips and technics which are helping me a lot. Today I got under 1 minute 4 times in a row. I'm so excited and of course I'll keep practicing.

Attachments

• solvemedia.jpg
    solvemedia.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 8

Arcanist

Hi, speedcubers. I'm still posting my progress here, in the same topic, because I don't want to flood the forum with messages. however, I'd like to thank you all for sharing tips and technics which are helping me a lot. Today I got under 1 minute 4 times in a row. I'm so excited and of course I'll keep practicing.
Random question, do you use 2 look oll and 2 look pll?

Mayconight

Random question, do you use 2 look oll and 2 look pll?
Yes, I do. however, I must practice more. sometimes I get stuck moving the cube as I said. I'm improving... I feel that. Your comment was pertinent 'cause I went to Youtube and I found out a new algorithm that I didn't know. f R U R' U' f = I'm going to use it in two situations. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Burrito

WCA
2022SOPK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, I do. however, I must practice more. sometimes I get stuck moving the cube as I said. I'm improving... I feel that. Your comment was pertinent 'cause I went to Youtube and I found out a new algorithm that I didn't know. f R U R' U' f = I'm going to use it in two situations. Thanks a lot!
If you can, using a sticker less cube will help with recognition. The RS3 M is a good one.

Mayconight

If you can, using a sticker less cube will help with recognition. The RS3 M is a good one.
Good point! My cube sticks too much. I look up the price of a RS3 cube here in Brazil and I can buy it for R$ 90,00 ($ 16.50). It's not expensive. Well, I'll order one on Monday. :)

Mayconight

Greetings! Guys, I'm so happy. Due to tremendous effort and a lot of practice, I got my goal which was to solve the cube under 1 minute. I thank you all for guiving important tips and great material shared in this forum. It's a pleasure to participate in this amazing communite. I'll keep practicing, of course, and then I'll start a new goal in the future. maybe... 30 sec! Who knows? See you friends, probably it was my last post in this topic. Bye for now.

Attachments

• mynewrecord.png
    mynewrecord.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 6

Qzinator

WCA
2022SCHU23
YouTube
Visit Channel
First, like NigelTheCuber said, you should use cstimer.net. To get better at F2L, you just need to keep practicing, and don't give up. A couple of months ago I used to be getting times longer than a minute too, because of F2L; but now, just because of practicing F2L, I have gotten down to 20-30 seconds! I also recommend learning 2look oll and 2look pll if you haven't already, that helps a lot. Also, don't take long breaks or cubing, unless you are sick or something. After I took like a week break from cubing, because I was sick, my 3x3 times went all the way up to like 50 seconds.

Don't give up, and don't stop improving your times!!