• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Leaving Cubes In Hot Tempatures

lotsofsocks

Ok so i went to an theme park and it was really hot so i put my cube in the glove compartment and we went in the park like for 6 hours... so when i came back my cube/tiles where so hot it felt like they where moving so I put it under the cool air I turned it and it felt sticky and lock up alot and it room temp. now and it stills feels weird. So should i re-lube it? And if you had this problem please tell me.

ive never had this happen to me..do you use silicone spray, jig-a-loo, or vasilene......use silicone it's the best.......vaseline melts your cube so do use it........i recomend relubing with silicone spray after you properly clean out your cube!!! hope this helped

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
ive never had this happen to me..do you use silicone spray, jig-a-loo, or vasilene......use silicone it's the best.......vaseline melts your cube so do use it........i recomend relubing with silicone spray after you properly clean out your cube!!! hope this helped
Jigaloo IS Silicone spray. It's just a brand of silicone spray.

I think if the cube is lubricated with silicone spray, and then put under cold temperature, it usually feels sticky. I would recommend washing the pieces and then re lubricating it. It probably should feel like normal after that.

emu

I would actually suggest using "plastic-melting" vaseline for very stiff and difficult-to-break-in cubes. Of course, after a few solves with the vaseline lube, it should be thoroughly cleaned and re-lubed with silicone. From my experience, it really helps break in storeboughts. I know I'm not the only person to do this either.

cuberman0312

probably melted a little i put my storebought edge piece in the microwave for 2 minutes and it melted

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the tiles moving around would just be the adhesive melting.
put, despite the hot climate I live in my cubes have never experienced that. I'll maybe do some experiments with a cube I don't use... the same one I put the weed burner to, that will work nicely.

Zava

WCA
2007BERN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hot temperature makes cubes good! If one of my cubes suck, I just put it on a sunshiny place for 10-20 mins, and it will be ok. also, if it's winter, I hold my main cubes on the radiator, so they're always good. ;)

PandaBoi

Jigaloo IS Silicone spray. It's just a brand of silicone spray.

I think if the cube is lubricated with silicone spray, and then put under cold temperature, it usually feels sticky. I would recommend washing the pieces and then re lubricating it. It probably should feel like normal after that.

Jigaloo is designed for stuff that needs to be waterproof, its great stuff but normal silicone has a good heat range, i dont know what happened but might be the plastic or if u used vaseline,