• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KCubing Spring 2016

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On the 4x4 cut off, do you only have to get one sub 1:30 in the first two attempts to finish the average of 5 or do both attempts have to be under the soft cutoff?
My main goal for this comp is to get to do all 5 solves!
Just one of the first two solves has to be under 1:30 to finish the average of 5.

Sarah86

Nice! Thanks guys, I can't wait for my second competition! I'm actually more nervous this time around. Especially since 4x4 is first thing in the morning....

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've got a timer that you can use, but not a display. I bet Dan will let you use his display though.

Goals:
2x2: sub 4.5 single, sub 6 average
3x3: sub 14 single, sub 16 average
4x4: sub 52 single, sub 55 average
5x5: sub 1:40 single, sub 1:45 average Podium? Depends who comes :p
OH: sub 35 single, sub 40 average
3BLD: Relearn and get a sub 5:00 single
2x2: No No
3x3: Yes Yes
4x4: No No
5x5: No No
OH: I have no clue why I thought there was OH
3BLD: Yes!

Overall about half and half, I'm good with that.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2: sub 4 single, and sub 5 average.
3x3: sub 14 single? sub 16 average. Better be able to get average, and if I get a good scramble I should get the snigggggggle as well.
4x4: sub 1:10 single, sub 1:20 average. If I'm feeling good that day, 1:15 average.
5x5: Don't hit hard cut off. I better not.
bld: Success? Lol.
clock: Borrow someone's clock, and compete. Maybe do some more clock sim to "train" for it.

Comp: Make it run smooth and teach Cale some algs ('Cause common man)

No, No (that was painful. Really should have gotten both of them, but messed up so many times)

Yes! Yep! Still not very happy with my performance though. I again made a lot of mistakes, some of them pretty big. And 2 20's? Really?

Super yes, yes. I didn't do amazing at 4x4, but it was good enough.

Yes... But I actually should have hit soft with how good my first solve was going. Until the final edge.

Yep!... But i should have gotten a mean. I'm really bittersweet on this one. I wasn't really expecting to get a success, but with how I did, I'm really mad about how I failed the second two. Didn't flip one edge. And then the third one was just... Well I don't really want to talk about it.

ended up scratching clock to help judge.

Mostly yes, and no. Common Cale.

WCA
2013BARK01
Goals:

3x3: Sub 11 single lots / Sub 12 average yup/ Sub 13 average in finals gj ayyyyy gj / 9th place 10th
2x2: Sub 3.2 single sub3 rofl / Sub 3.7 average not quite / Sub 4 average in finals errr no / 9th place 5th somehow
4x4: Sub 65 single sub60 is always gj / Sub 70 average still no / 12th place really!? xD lolno
5x5: Sub 120 single nah m8 almost / Sub 140 average yep / 12th place 14th.
Sq1: Sub 45 single no / Sub 55 average no / 10th place LOLZOMGROFLCOPTERWTFISAHUMUHUMUNUKUNUKUAPUAA

I'm doing clock but no goals because I literally can't even... that's right justin you literally can't even now go to sleep it's late